noT to sound like a masochist, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure the only prerequisite to being a real tarantula owner is owning a real tarantula. Also, getting bit doesn't mean you're stupid. It just means you were careless and unfortunate.

Tarantulas are food aggresive, so maybe you could dress up like a cricket and bumble around near your spider's burrow.
First of; HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!Hobo, you always make the most hilarious posts.

Second; getting bit does not make you stupid, getting bit on purpose does, however..

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I am curious how bad it really hurts.. But no way in hell i would intentionaly get bit. I think you must surrounded by stupid people in your life to consider this. Who are you trying to impress? :? Or is this a symptom of cabin fever? What your considering is not beneficial for the hobby in anyway. It makes the hobby look careless and imature.

The whole "Your not a real tarantula keeper until you get bit." Probably refers to one thats been in the hobby long enough that it eventually happend one day on accident. But there are people that have never been bit in 25 years. Sometimes when people are trying to save a pet during breeding or from a fall its a chance you may choose to take.

Sadistic Haplo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You need to withdraw from the hobby. From the sounds of it, I could tell you you're not a real tarantula keeper unless you rub some T.blondi hairs in your eyes to feel the pain and you would probably believe me and then ask these boards about the way to go about it.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Man what is with you i wouldn't want to get bite by any T much less a OBT or any other OW T. Curiosity killed the cat and with your kind of curiosity your asking for big trouble

BillyG

Arachnopeon
well,you can electric shock your finger if you really that want to!and trust me,your ts will not get hurt at all but only you do!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Czalz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Second; getting bit does not make you stupid, getting bit on purpose does, however..
That's a good perspective to have! {D

To the OP.......

Let's say you do get up the nerve to provoke one of your tarantulas to bite you. Do you know that you aren't allergic to their particular venom? The adverse effects to your health could be devastating.

You might think it's cool, funny, or whatever right now, but it's really not. I personally don't want to see a newsflash of some person who was "visciously attacked and killed by their Deadly Rose Hair Bird Eating Tarantula" on my television tonight. The hobby doesn't need any more people misrepresenting the facts about tarantulas, and an act as thoughtless as the one you're contemplating would do nothing more than that if it went wrong.

tebs

Arachnopeon
Who are these people who told "You're not a real tarantula owner until you get bit by one."?

Why do you want to see how much it hurts? Are you gonna let a train hit you to see how much it hurts?

All of the above who have been quoted are morons. Don't suggest for him to get bit, or give ideas for how to get bit.

A mod needs to lock this

Eh...I don't appreciate being called a moron....especially by somebody who doesn't even know me.....if you did not get or did not appreciate the humor just say it's not funny..don't start calling names :embarrassed:

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I think with this kind of thinking you might want to get bite by a black widow just. To see what that is like now i would getting bitten on accident but on purpose is just stupid.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There are so many more fun ways to be a complete idiot - jump from a bridge over a highway is one option..

tebs

Arachnopeon
There are so many more fun ways to be a complete idiot - jump from a bridge over a highway is one option..
or buy a vintage les paul gibson and immediately throw it over a bridge..... if i win the lotto for sure I'll do that.....

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Or listen to Justin Bieber
NOOOOO!!!! I WAS FOR SURE AB WAS SAFE FROM THESE COMMENTS!! :p

Let's say you do get up the nerve to provoke one of your tarantulas to bite you. Do you know that you aren't allergic to their particular venom? The adverse effects to your health could be devastating.
I really hope this doesn't start a whole other discussion on whether you can/can not be allergic to tarantula venom.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I really tried to like the kid, he just got on my nerves after I spent time at my cousins, and her walls were plastered with him, and the only music, all day, for two weeks wa "baby".

tebs

Arachnopeon

I really hope this doesn't start a whole other discussion on whether you can/can not be allergic to tarantula venom.
<edit> it...if the guys wants to get bit let him get bit...if he had already decided to do such a stupid thing nobody here can make him think otherwise...he's a grown man..let him be.....

Last edited by a moderator:

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

I think it would be a nice change of pace from the OP.

kripp_keeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Eh...I don't appreciate being called a moron....especially by somebody who doesn't even know me.....if you did not get or did not appreciate the humor just say it's not funny..don't start calling names :embarrassed:
<edit> it...if the guys wants to get bit let him get bit...if he had already decided to do such a stupid thing nobody here can make him think otherwise...he's a grown a$$ man..let him be.....
Really? If you don't want to be called a moron don't act like one. Its not the fact that I didn't get the humor and/or sarcasm. Its simply the fact that this person wants to get bit by a tarantula because of what someone told him. Humor or not it is ignorant to suggest how to get bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If this person wants to get bit, he will find a way to do so regardless. See what he answered. Even after people telling him not to, he decided it would be the most fun with an OBT. We can't do anything here, so we might as well make an arse of him, because it's so much more fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.