Not sure what is wrong with our Neoholothele incei

LDP1

Arachnopeon
Firstly, I hope I’ve posted this in the correct section.

Our Gold Neoholothele incei. It hasn’tmoved from one spot for two days. It’s legs are continuously moving slowly but it’s abdomen isn’t if that makes sense. It’s abdomen looks fine so I’m not sure it is dehydration. It’s tank has good humidity and water has always been available. There have been no issues with feeding until last Friday when it didn’t eat it’s small locust. There seems to be a small white trail of what seems to be faeces where it had moved slightly. I have attached a picture. Any help is greatly appreciated as I have no idea what to do. We have own the tarantula since last October and have had no issues at all.
Many thanks

Here is a picture

Attachments

LDP1

Arachnopeon
It has been like that for three days and hasn’t moved, it’s like he can’t move his abdomen, his legs live but he doesn’t go anywhere. Normally he comes straight over to the front of his tank when I remove the lid. There is definitely something wrong with him I’m just not sure what

LDP1

Arachnopeon
It isn’t unfortunately

Well it’s responsive but won’t move from the spot it’s in

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
Is it just me or does the substrate look soaking wet? Could it be the enclosure is too humid?

LDP1

Arachnopeon
Can you take a video and put it here? Does it have access to a water dish?
It does have access to water and there are droplets of water on its web too. That why I can’t figure out what is wrong with it. I’ve tried to upload a video but it keeps saying it’s the wrong format. Unfortunately it is deteriorating further and I just feel helpless

Transrights

Arachnosquire
It does have access to water and there are droplets of water on its web too. That why I can’t figure out what is wrong with it. I’ve tried to upload a video but it keeps saying it’s the wrong format. Unfortunately it is deteriorating further and I just feel helpless
Try uploading on YouTube and posting the link here, that should work.

Edit: Only things I can think of based on that picture right now are abdominal injury on a sharp piece of decor or too high humidity. But both don't quite seem to fit.

Last edited:

LDP1

Arachnopeon
Thank you to everyone for your input but unfortunately he seems to be deteriorating. He is still exactly the same. I have put him into an ICU tank and there is no difference. I have turned him over to see if there was an obvious impaction but there doesn’t seem to be. He doesn’t seem to have any injuries anywhere. I’ve no idea what to do now and I just feel helpless as I think he is dying but I can’t help him in any way

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Do you know how old the spider is?

I read some articles about dyskinetic syndrome in tarantulas.
A type of ataxia is also described there. You can search the net. An incei would never stand still voluntarily, something is completely wrong. Apparently she is not dehydrated either...