Not sure what is happening

rls0719

Arachnopeon
Hi there, we are new to T’s and our A. Avicularia seems to be doing this weird dangling from two legs off a piece of bark in it’s tank. It hasn’t eaten for a while so we’re wondering if it was molting but it seems bizarre the way it’s hanging like that and now it’s not moving. Has anyone else seen this? 🤞

Attachments

rls0719

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the reply. It unfortunately didn’t make it. Sad day in our household.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Sorry to hear. Happened to another member recently as well (post is here).

Hope this doesn’t discourage you from trying again, Avics are amazing.

rls0719

Arachnopeon
Sorry to hear. Happened to another member recently as well (post is here).

Hope this doesn’t discourage you from trying again, Avics are amazing.
Thank you for sharing the other thread. That is exactly what ours looked like. It was hanging from its webbing by two claws dangling and just died like that. Otherwise seemed healthy and active and no misting. Coincidently, our C. Versicolor sling molted for the first time today so we must be doing something right. We also have an A. Purpurea sling - terrified because I know they are delicate, but my daughter loves these Pinktoes.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Thank you for sharing the other thread. That is exactly what ours looked like. It was hanging from its webbing by two claws dangling and just died like that. Otherwise seemed healthy and active and no misting. Coincidently, our C. Versicolor sling molted for the first time today so we must be doing something right. We also have an A. Purpurea sling - terrified because I know they are delicate, but my daughter loves these Pinktoes.
I’ve only run across posts like yours twice in my two years here, I’d like to think it’s not common, but others with more experience with this genus may chime in.

Love the versicolor and purpurea. Purpurea has been no different care-wise in my experience, just way slower growers.

Read these if you haven’t, will help a lot. If you want to share your enclosure setup pics for feedback members would be happy to give input. 🙂

Guides for Specific Genera or Species: Beginners

rls0719

Arachnopeon
I’ve only run across posts like yours twice in my two years here, I’d like to think it’s not common, but others with more experience with this genus may chime in.

Love the versicolor and purpurea. Purpurea has been no different care-wise in my experience, just way slower growers.

Read these if you haven’t, will help a lot. If you want to share your enclosure setup pics for feedback members would be happy to give input. 🙂

Guides for Specific Genera or Species: Beginners
Thanks so much! Will def read these posts.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
We also have an A. Purpurea sling - terrified because I know they are delicate
I’ve raised bunches of unique Avic localities -

purps aren’t any more delicate than other Avics

Craig73

Arachnoangel
@viper69 Do you get tagged when I copy and paste the reference links? If do wonder if there’s a better way for me to do it.

rls0719

Arachnopeon
I’ve raised bunches of unique Avic localities -

purps aren’t any more delicate than other Avics
Just terrified because it’s tiny! Just got it on Tuesday but it is eating and webbing so all seems well. We’re doing lots of research so will def reach out if I need help. Thanks for the support! Having this network helps a lot.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just terrified because it’s tiny! Just got it on Tuesday but it is eating and webbing so all seems well. We’re doing lots of research so will def reach out if I need help. Thanks for the support! Having this network helps a lot.
Thats not tiny, I’ve raised much smaller. That’s an easy size to manage.