Not sure this sling is what I bought.

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I recently bought a sling that was marked "psalmopeous pulcher". However, I am not sure the sling I got is p. pulcher. Can any of you tell me for sure one way or the other? If it isn't P. pulcher, then what is it? Thanks.

Last edited:

Czalz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Second on the P. irminia...

However, It's hard to clearly make out the color segments on the abdomen, so it's a bit difficult to say for sure.

Last edited:

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
does anyone have a pic of a p. pulcher next to a p. irmina?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have only seen slings of the P. irminia in person..

But.. From pictures.. The P. pulcher & P. reduncus look nothing like the P. irminia or cambridgei...

But.. The P. cambridgei & P. irminia are almost identical as slings..

So.. No that does not look like a P. pulcher.. However.. It could be either a P. cambridgei or P. irminia..

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
SO that begs the question, I paid for a p. pulcher and got a p. irmina/p. cambridgei. Do I complain or just hope this one is a male because I got a nice big p. irmina female?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SO that begs the question, I paid for a p. pulcher and got a p. irmina/p. cambridgei. Do I complain or just hope this one is a male because I got a nice big p. irmina female?
Well.. Yeah.. I would personally complain.. I want what I pay for.. But.. If you are happy keep it..

But if its a reputable breeder/dealer.. Then you should note in the review that he made a mistake.. But only do this AFTER you have talked to the person you got it from.. Maybe it was a mistake.. Maybe that person will correct the issue..

Your call..

Sutekh

Arachnopeon
Oh complain, of course! Maybe you'll get a good deal out of it!:evil:

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh complain, of course! Maybe you'll get a good deal out of it!:evil:
The purpose of complaining should be to correct mistakes - not to exercise your greed to see if you can squeeze a "good deal" out of it.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was joking.
lots of people have little to no sense of humor on this site.

I'm one of those ones who usually can't tell the difference between a joke and serious comments. So i count myself in one of those who don't have a sense of humor.

The internet sucks for conveying tone of voice.

In an effort not to hijack

Which is worth more? what you got? or what you wanted? (yes this is a question to all members)

IF you're hellbent on your choice then complain if what you got is worth more....I'd be tentative about complaining.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
contact the seller. I got clams from takeout at an italian resteraunt insted of ravioli. I ended up keeping the clams AND getting raviolis! and the clams were FREE! mabey you will get a free spider out of this:}

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well.. Yeah.. I would personally complain.. I want what I pay for.. But.. If you are happy keep it..

But if its a reputable breeder/dealer.. Then you should note in the review that he made a mistake.. But only do this AFTER you have talked to the person you got it from.. Maybe it was a mistake.. Maybe that person will correct the issue..

Your call..
I second this. Also from my experience with the irminia and cambridgei slings u can tell by the number of lines on the abdomen. i believe (and this is COMPLETELY opinion i have no facts other that what ive personally seen) that the irminia has 4 lines (8 segments) and the cambridgei has 5

Last edited:

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i could have told you how a p pulcher sling would look like...:wall:
but you can blame the mail man...
i should have got 2.... 1/2" slings....
maybe tomorrow... ill post pics once they arrive....
So we can compare!!!!

Peace!!!

Sutekh

Arachnopeon
Seriously...(getting THAT clarified)...I'd tell the seller about the mistake. You'll get valuable information for the future about this seller from his/her response. If the seller doesn't offer to rectify the problem you've still got a great little psalmo, and if it's a male irminia a ready made future breeding possibility.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks... for saving me the trouble...
and yes definitly not a pulcher!!!

Im leaning towards camcbridgei... cause my irminia's didnt look like that.
when they where slings.....

Peace!!!
Irminia sling:

Neill

Arachnopeon
I was going to say it looks like a Cambridgi.. I have 20 or so of them here, and that is what they look like.

Ingar

Arachnopeon
Sorry with interrupting with nonrelated message... But if we talking here about Psalmos..:eek:
I also have different problem..
I have my P. irminia L11 for 2 months already. First I got her in normal shape and she ate normally. But I really don't know - or is it because of overfeeding or somethink else, but her stomach started hanging like dead bag approx 1 month earlier- even more when she was on glass upside down.. That was terrible scene, but I thought that she going to molt and all be allright. But when she molted fine - the stomach still is uncontrolable hanging because of gravitation. There are observed such minimal muscular controll - close to zero. I experienced first time this.. and I really don't know what to do.. :(
PS: Her webbing abilities are much lower now.
Any suggestions guys?.. :wall: