- Mar 12, 2016
Xenforo's notification/alerts system has always been a bit "wonky".I am not receiving notifications on a consistent basis. I am only sporadically receiving them if someone quotes, or tags, me in a thread. I do have the necessary settings chosen to alert me of those scenarios.
Okay, sorry.Hi @Vanessa,
Xenforo's notification/alerts system has always been a bit "wonky".
Now, just to confirm:
- Are you talking about getting email notifications or alerts through the website?
- Are you subscribed to/watching the threads in question?
- Do you see any of the "missing" alerts when you click on alerts?
According to Xenforo, the way the notification system works is you will only be notified of the post if:
- The post is the first post made after your "last visited" timestamp (the last time you visited the thread). You will not get notifications for additional posts/quotes/tags after the first until you visit the thread again. At that point, you will get a notification again for the first post.
- The quotes/tags are in a new post, not a post that was already there and then edited. The software only notifies based on conditions met at the time of the post, not conditions met after the fact.
Nothing to be sorry about We just need the information to better troubleshoot the issue.Okay, sorry.
This may be part of the problem. You may need to be subscribed to the thread to get the alert.2. No, I'm not subscribed. Where I am subscribed, I am getting those alerts. This happens when people quote me or tag me.
This just means that an alert was not generated. Not necessarily a problem.3. No, when I go to "See all Alerts" they are not there.
This could be the exact reason if what you thought you should get a notification for was not in the post when it was originally made and then edited in.5. The fact that a moderator edited the post might have had something to do with the missing alert.