Not enough time for a Rosie...

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Man, I do not envy this guy's life. I mean, I am busy and I have 20 Ts and 1.5 kiddos and I have never felt that I don't have enough time to care for all of them. I wonder what life circumstances have to look like to not have the time to take care of a Rosie... Fill the water once a week and feed once every 1-2 months! Heck, I hear they even let you go on feeding vacation from time to time. Not a life I want to live. Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 10.08.50 PM.png

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
You have 1.5 children? o_O

But even you didn't list the minimum care requirements. Water once per month, and a big meal twice per year :p

EDIT: Wait, were you using a numbering system? You've got one boy and five girls? Good God man, your house is an estrogen molotov cocktail...

Rob1985

This user has no status.
If only you lived in Illinois. That's a great deal for a female!

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
You have 1.5 children? o_O

But even you didn't list the minimum care requirements. Water once per month, and a big meal twice per year :p

EDIT: Wait, were you using a numbering system? You've got one boy and five girls? Good God man, your house is an estrogen molotov cocktail...
HAHA!

1: four-year-old

1: -16 week-old (that's .5ish right)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
If only you lived in Illinois. That's a great deal for a female!
Nine times out of ten, adopting through Craigslist or the like results in either a mature male or a penultimate male. At least in my experience.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Nine times out of ten, adopting through Craigslist or the like results in either a mature male or a penultimate male. At least in my experience.
Buying "unsexed" 2"+ on this sites classifieds has yielded mostly males. Oh well lol. B vagans, P vittatta, newest pamphobeteus sp goliath, A seemanni all big enough to sex, sold as unsexed, and all molted into males lol. I should probably stick to tiny ones or just buy females.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Buying "unsexed" 2"+ on this sites classifieds has yielded mostly males. Oh well lol. B vagans, P vittatta, newest pamphobeteus sp goliath, A seemanni all big enough to sex, sold as unsexed, and all molted into males lol. I should probably stick to tiny ones or just buy females.
Yeah, in this hobby, "unsexed 2 inch spiders" is code for "certainly male 2 inch spiders"

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Yeah, in this hobby, "unsexed 2 inch spiders" is code for "certainly male 2 inch spiders"
lol unless you're me and have my tarantulas that love to eat their molt in the only spot you need to verify gender. then it/they truly is/are unsexed :)

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
Does not have time = no longer interested in

Oh, I also have .5 children. On half is mine and my X gets the other half.

Last edited:

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Well damn, maybe we've all been doing the care wrong! We clearly haven't been walking or playing with our Ts enough

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I've seen that excuse countless times on online ads and it makes the poster look like an idiot.