not eating for 1 year!

kyisdon

Arachnopeon
so this is my rose hair and he’s a mature male. the thing is he hasn’t eaten in like a year and i’m not sure what to do. whenever i put a worm in his enclosure he just runs to the other side and try’s to climb up the wall. anyone got any ideas about this guy? thanks - ky C9D4CDFD-A7B5-4035-B16E-CC83C662CD4E.jpeg

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Looks plump and healthy to me.
Keep fresh water around and maybe try offering new prey items.
When males get older their little minds tend to turn from food to mating.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
A lot of mature males never eat. Please keep fresh, clean water available to him and not anything with a sponge in it as they can't suck water from the sponge at all and it is a breeding ground for bacteria that could harm him.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
That's just how mature males are, especially considering you've got a rosea/porteri. Mine hasn't eaten in a year and a half.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
This species can go the best part of 2 years without eating anyway but MMs tend not to eat much (if at all), just make sure he always has water available (as MMs are prone to dehydration) and just try feeding once every other month or something like that.

Ogk562

Arachnopeon
get him a girlfriend... He's hungry for something else....

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
One of my students has a RoseHair Tarantula. We talk spiders all the time.

Couple years ago, his RoseHair went 18 months with out eating. That story convinced me, right then, not to get a RoseHair. :bag: