Not as exciting as 3 in one day but...

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
My T. Blondi has just begun to molt.

Always a scary site (And only my second molt for this T) but hopefully by the a.m. I will have a nice healthy (and bigger) T. Should be sexable if the moult is not destroyed.

Wish it luck....

Jeff

I came home from work and found this:

Last edited:

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
why is it that everytime they molt they eat the butt end of the skin. I think they do it to drive me crazy.

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
pic from original post

darn hosting service is down.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
let me know how big it is when it finishes. from the pic it looks like mine may be 1 molt ahead of yours. mines right at 2-2.5" right now. well see whos is bigger when they reach adulthood

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Well i'm not very good at measuring these guys because I don't know the rules but that is a 2" flower pot buried next to it. So I would say that it is easily 2.75" inches almost 3" when it is standing normally (including legs).

It's started to expand it's cephalothorax and move it's legs but it's going to be a long night. The last time almost 6 hours from start to finish.

Jeff

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck on your blondi molt. Mine just molted about 3 weeks ago, she is about 7.5" now. Blondi molts always make me nervous although as they get bigger they don't seem to have as many molting difficulties.

Andy

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Thanks.

Well....the molt seems to have been 100% successful (all parts accounted for). It was out of his exuvium in about 2 hrs and it still looked very soft when I left this morning. I’ve read they take an extra long time to harden up.

BUT, boy has it’s leg span increased. I could immediately tell that the legs were significantly thicker but the length increase seems to be incredible. I would be surprised if it didn’t increase in size from 2.75” to almost 4”.

I will post post-molt pictures later.

Jeff