"not another one"

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
so i went to pick up crickets at the local pet store...(how many stories start like this?) and sitting there was this guy. he had been purchased and then returned because he was "not mean enough". i'm not realaly sure what that ment, but i felt bad for him and the fact that his current habitat looks like they just threw some moss in on some sand didn't help. they sold him to me for the cost of the KK. about 5 but after tax (and that included the crickets i went to buy). the "expert" said he was the male to my female Haplopelma sp. Vietnam. but i don;t know. i don;t really care either, i just couldn't let him suffer. he was bakeing at about 105 and nothing to drink or humidify the tank. i just need to know if he is a digger, so i can give him the right setup. any advice is welcomed. thanks in advance.

justyne

i've named him herman.:)
oh and he is about 3".

Last edited:

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i'm pretty sure it's an immature male A.seemanni...:eek:

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow ya'll are good, i will admit. alright off to look up all the information i can devour. thanks :)

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha if somebody wanted a "mean" spider haplopelma sp. would be what to get....but they might not have any fingers left ;P

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
burnt,
i have to agree, when i was tyring to re-house my female she tried to eat my husband. i think she would have succeeded if he didn't run from the room like a little girl.

but i love them both anyway:rolleyes:

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
dont feel bad.
many years ago, when i was a teen, i got a job at a pet store[guess i thought i could save them from the employees,lol]..and they found that i was very good with reptiles, so that was my dept.
well, on my first day i went to look at the snakes i had to feed that day..
you would not believe what i saw.
there was a corn sanke in a ten gallon tank..and guess what they had a bowl of in its cage for it to eat?

yes!.

Corn...from a can.
i looked around to see if there were any milk snakes around.

i think i went into convulsions.
there was a rack of snake books behind the counter.
guess they couldnt read, and had no brains.
i didnt work there too long...i gave them too much **** over their complete lack of fortitude.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
There is no possible way to hazard a guess from that photograph. Can you take some ventral shots?

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ask and ye shall receive.

and i thought this was just a nice picture of him.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
light underside, pinkish tan spinnerettes that are pretty long still looks like a male seemani juvie to me...

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
light underside, pinkish tan spinnerettes that are pretty long still looks like a male seemani juvie to me...
I'm thinking that the flash is illuminating the setae... it doen't look like a seemani from the dorsal view though.:confused:

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oh man i have been looking for a male for sometime... do you still want to keep it? ;P

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
oh man i have been looking for a male for sometime... do you still want to keep it? ;P
Bob , i have a juvie (supposed to be male) that should be a black form, waiting on a molt from him. and im just up the road lol Well in Texas terms just up the road lol

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bob , i have a juvie (supposed to be male) that should be a black form, waiting on a molt from him. and im just up the road lol Well in Texas terms just up the road lol
oh nice where at?

i do have another one but i need to sex it... i think i will go do that right now.

Last edited:

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
here is a snapped for sexing.

looks male to me... anyone else?

that little devil was pretty nasty.... i touched it with my tongs and it tagged them and tried to run up them but i dropped it. my girlfriend screamed and yelled some stuff im not going to repeat. LOL

for future reference this is what a female looks like from the underside.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/_bob_/aasss.jpg

Last edited:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well, it's not a Haplopelma sp. anything, that's fer sure.

As to it's seemaniness i can't say. I'm not as good at id'ing as these guys.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
nice :) thats about 2 hours away. when we get some males we should have a breeding session together if you want.
looks male to me
Bob, i hope you meant the Ts were going to do the breeding....