Not all Petco Stores are Bad

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I know that I may take heat for this, but I had a 25 dollar gift card to Petco, so how could I not buy a spiderling. I went to a store located in downtown Omaha, NE. I was very impressed. Yes they did have the T.s in the same dumb containers, but the employee over the reptile department was a T keeper herself. All the slings looked very healthy. Non of them were soaked with water. They all had a pre-killed cricket. When I asked to look at the T.s she started questioning me on whether or not I new how to take care of a sling. We talked for awhile and I left quite impressed.

louise f

Arachnoangel
That`s a great story for a change. When it comes to petstores :)
Thank`s for sharing

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Love to hear positive stories about employees. All we ever seem to hear and see are terrible care conditions, it's nice to see good care for once :D Awesome that you have a petstore like that near you @CyclingSam :)

Tarantula20

Arachnosquire
Nearly the exact opposite of my local Petco, So definitely good to hear!

Walker253

Arachnobaron
When I got back into this, I bought 3 T's (an LP, an A gesticulate, and a P murinus) from a lady who was a manager at a Petco in the Astoria, OR area. They were her animals. During the purchase, she talked about her commitment to educating her employees about herps and arachnids. She knew her stuff and the T's were in great shape.
So while most Petco's, Petsmarts, and a lot of LPS make me cringe, not all are bad.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I bought 40 small crickets at my Petco. He was scooping them out in huge numbers in the cricket counter. I got home and opened the air filled bag only to find that at least ten of them were dead. I guess I'll check my crickets before I leave the store next time. My local Petsmart does it a little slower and safer.