Not acting ok

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
She is normally fast and stays hidden but today she is out and not moving much. Her abdomen is a little bit larger than normal but I don't see signs of impaction. Any advice will help. Her name is Skelly.
Knowing what kind of T it is would help. But, yeah - doesn't seem like anything is going on that you need to be concerned about.

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
It seems like it’s dark there tarantulas do come out at dark to do there tarantula business in fact it’s probably been out plenty of times while you were asleep. Maybe its going out to drink or just sit there, maybe burrowing or something else, you have nothing to worry about if your spider comes out of hiding every once in awhile especially at night, in fact it’s better for you to treasure this once every 5 months moment

Last edited:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
There’s nothing to be concerned about in regards to its behavior in this photo!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She is normally fast and stays hidden but today she is out and not moving much. Her abdomen is a little bit larger than normal but I don't see signs of impaction. Any advice will help. Her name is Skelly.
Doesn't your behavior change too?

Sleddick1969

Arachnopeon
Still acting the same way. She has stayed in the same position for 3 weeks now. I think it may be premolt but she has never taken this long. Thanks for the replies.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
We still don’t know the species, but yes, probably premolt or just a winter slowdown period.