1. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Northwest Invertebrates (www.northwestinverts.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by ArachnoPapa, Mar 23, 2004.

1. reptist

reptist Arachnobaron Old Timer

Advertisement
    ++++positive++++

did a trade w/ Dean and got my end w/ no probs or complints at all, shipped on sched. and packed well, would deal with anyime, Thanks Dean, talk to you soon and PEACE, B.

2. gwrace

gwrace Arachnopeon

NW Positive Review

Just received my order today of two Mexican RedKnee Slings. The order was shipped promptly and packaged very well. Spiders arrived healthy and in great shape. Nothing but good things to say about Dean and NW Invertebrates.

3. g4ry.l33

g4ry.l33 Arachnopeon

Wa
    Dean gives 110% to make sure every thing goes smooth. There may be some that are as good, but none better! :clap:

4. Positive!

I bought two female tarantulas from Dean and the transaction went smoothly. Communication was quick and the Ts were well packed and arrived healthy and happy. Both are calm and beautiful, now exploring their new homes.

Highly recommend! Thank you!:)

5. Aurelia

Aurelia Arachnoprince Old Timer

positive!

I bought a 1/2" L. parahybana sling. Shipping was quick but the mailman left it outside in a plastic bag hanging from our mailbox when he was supposed to bring it up to the door...grr...but that's not NWI's fault. The important thing is that sling arrived alive and is doing well in its new home! Thanks Dean!

6. Kid Dragon

Kid Dragon Arachnoprince Old Timer

Positive

POSITIVE

Northwest Invertebrates is a fantastic company to do business with. Dean is a class act, friendly and reliable. I just got a fat 6.5+ inch female Chaco Golden Stripe that arrived from NW to SE (FL) health, safe and sound. I couldn't be happier. Great packing job. Buy with confidence.

7. Miss Bianca

Miss Bianca Arachnoprince

NWInverts is an A+

Dean was just wonderful to deal with. He's a very pleasant person and was very accomodating. My specimens arrived safe and healthy! Would definetely recommend and would definetely return. Super!!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

8. Crusaderwithgat

Crusaderwithgat Arachnosquire Old Timer

Bought my first three

Got three from NW. 1/2", 3/4" and 1". All arrived together alive and well. I'm very pleased.:D

Jim

9. Struckanerve

Struckanerve Arachnosquire

i orderd a suntiger from him. got it super fast. packedged very nicely. will be doing business with him again.

10. sntcruzan

sntcruzan Arachnoknight Old Timer

A+

I completed a trade with Dean this week and it went very, as usual. Communication, packaging and ease of trade were hassle free. I would recommend Dean Pittman to anyone looking for some top quality inverts.

11. GootySapphire

GootySapphire Arachnolord Old Timer

Just want to say Dean is probably one of the NICEST dealers I have ever purchased from. Its been a couple years since I have bought from him thought. I once bought from him online and he was very helpful with all my questions. I also went down to Oregon for a reptile convention and told him I would be there for my work when I was working for a local pet store...he was more than friendly in person and on the pricing, and even through in a free sling with my purchase. he and his wife are very nice and a pleasure to purchase from. I would highly recommend buying from Dean.

12. Thanks!

I just received my first order from NWI today - a b. emilia, b. smithi, and a. "paysoni." I took a chance with priority mail since I'm in Oregon... worked well! Priority from Forest Grove is still overnight to Bend. Now I can spend that shipping money on more spiders.

The little guys were as described and well packed. I didn't talk to Dean because I didn't have any questions, so can't comment on that - but from what I've read I know any questions would have been answered.

Only disappointment: It would have been cool to get a freebie. The website doesn't advertise it, so it's totally fair, but when I bought from Swifts I got a freebie (of my choice) with only a $20 order, plus some pinhead crickets. I'll just have to have a bigger order next time, I guess.

Meantime, I'll enjoy my growing collection. Thanks, Northwest Inverts!

~ Eric

13. Follow up

Just wanted to say I got a follow up PM from Dean explaining about the freebies... he doesn't give them out all the time because he's had people complain. How could you complain about a free T?!

Anyway, it further solidifies what everyone else says about him - he's a great communicator! I publicly apologize for using the word "disappointment" in a review of Northwest Inverts. I will definitely use him in the future (as soon as my wife gets used to the idea of yet more tarantulas in our house).

Thanks, Dean!

~ Eric

14. flamingo-kid1

flamingo-kid1 Arachnosquire Old Timer

Dean is a BIG HELP to me!

I have dealt with Dean for TEN YEARS.. and I have been very busy growing all of my slings.. I use Dean for his free (spider) sexing service. (Don't get hilarious :)

I mailed Dean FOUR moults this week, and....

UNFORTUNATELY one of the PRIZES (G. Pulchra) of my collection is a BOY.. DARN DARN DARN, but that's not Dean's fault :)

Dean attempted to sex it last year but the moult was torn. He said "probable male," that time.
    THIS year I recovered the moult ASAP.. the spider had been an ugly pre-moult brown for a long time so it was hard to catch. But I did, and now there's no more probablity. Boo Hoo. I placed an ad for him on another thread.

ANYHOO, Dean is consistent and helpful to me :)

RaChelle Holmberg
    Rockford, IL

15. flamingo-kid1

flamingo-kid1 Arachnosquire Old Timer

In MY shop, an antique shop in Rockford IL, a lot of the people that come in would complain if you gave them ice water in hell.

I bet Dean cares too much about his babies to not want them complained about.

16. Dean made everything go extremely smoothly, and the B. albopilosum and B. smithi I ordered are some of the favorite T's I have in my collection. A great experience overall!

17. BlueFang

BlueFang Arachnopeon

Dean / NWI - more than positive

Just received a M.balfouri from Dean in a trade.
    The deal & communication was smooth and easy, and I'd do it again any time without a doubt.
    Thanks, Dean!

18. aluras

aluras Arachnobaron Old Timer

customer service to the T

Dean is an excellant person to deal with, He sent them promptly and had great prices. I recieved a juv L.dificilis and a 3.5ยจ P.Lugardi both in great shape and packaged very well. Glad tohave a great breeder in the vacinity.:razz:

19. positive

just got a beautiful female pokie from dean,great communication,great packing nice friendly guy.thanks dean very pleased.

CHRIS:} :}

20. jrmrbcax

jrmrbcax Arachnoknight

Got my T's in today. Everything was and went fine except for my Togo Starburst. I found a leg of his in the container he came in :( It wasn't Deans fault. It was the damn post office!!! He was a freebie so no biggie! I recommend this guy to anyone that wants 100% healthy and happy T's.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.