• The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.

Northwest Invertebrates (www.northwestinverts.com)

Debswebs05

Arachnopeon
Slings from NW Inverts

Hi everyone-the name is Deby, and I have 15 T's right now-all are spoiled rotten and treated like babies-how pathetic is that?
I just got 2 Brachypelma Smithi slings from Dean at Northwest Inverts-I have purchased slings from him before at West Coast Captive Breeder expos, and have always been more than pleased with our dealings, but have never ordered from him and had them sent. Several years ago I had purchased slings and had them mailed, and they were DOA-very disappointed, and can't remember where I got them-so different when dealing with Dean!! What a great experience! It sure won't be the last time-SOOOOOOOO easy to slip another little sling in-hubby doesn't even realize that there is yet another Arachnocondo in the den. :eek:
You will hear more from me as my babies grow-I have raised several slings to adulthood, and it's very rewarding. {D

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Positive

I had an excellent experience buying from Dean. He was very kind in each of the emails even though it was right around the holiday (I would have been going crazy! ;) ). We emailed back and forth for a week or so before I made it out to his place to pick up the little guys. How great is that! I got to pick them up myself, no worries. :D He was allways very quick to respond to my emails, and was very friendly in person. I had only intended on buying two tarantulas but when another little one caught my eye I had to have it, Dean of course was very accomidating. He even threw in a free A. chalcodes just as I was leaving. So I ended up with two for each hand ;)

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Positive

I got some B. smithi slings from Dean and a wolf spider. All arrived well packed and in good shape. Communication was great.

chrispy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
+positive+ +NWinverts+

I would order from N W inverts again.My package came packed well and all of the spiders that I ordered were alive and healthy.Communication is awesome,very fast replies with some questions answered too.Very professional also. thanks Chris.

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Positive

Purchased a B. smithi sling from NW Inverts back in November. No problems.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A+++ Positive!

I bought a couple T's From Dean, Dispite the weather not being on its best behavior, All the T's Survived the trip and they couldnt have been packed better! Definatly will be returning to do more buisness with Dean~!:D

fingersoup

Arachnopeon
Positive

Positive

Mr. Pittman is a nice guy and easy to work with. The communication regarding the shipment date was was great. :clap: They had an ice storm and were unable to ship that week so he was courteous enough to give me a heads up.
Great pricing especially with the two for one deal. Packing was very heavy duty, I thought that I had received a small tv or something when the box arrived. :D

jharr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I feel like I just pressed the 'Easy Button'! I called NWI, placed the order for the 'special' B. smithi's, and ba-da-bing, there they were.

Great slings at a great price, delivered to my doorstep, no fuss, no muss.

Thanks!

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A++++

A+++ From My End of the World for Dean~ His T's Came in All Healthy and Packed VERY VERY well~ Even through Me a B.Vagan's as a freebie! I'd definatly buy from him again!

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great as always!

Made another transaction with Dean this past Saturday. Since Dean had just received the T.blondi that I was purchasing, he was concerned about shipping them out again so soon......so....in true Dean fashion...he offered to drive the spiders in question an hour and a half to meet me and conduct the transaction. The spiders were in great shape as always and Dean was in constant communication leading up to and following the transaction.
I can't say enough good things about Dean and NW Inverts.
Great product - Great Customer Service - Great all around!

Thanks Dean

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dean AKA NWINVERTS will always be #1

If you happen to be an entemologist or you are purchasing your first Arthropod; Dean Pittman provides the best of everything - arachnids/myrapods, communication, knowledge, selection and pricing.

I have placed many orders with Dean in the past year. The last order was placed during the recent sub-zero deep freeze and my local post man was too lazy to ring my doorbell and just left a slip in the mailbox stating I could pick it up tomorrow. Dean's expert packing methods ensured all were extremely healthy, active and ready to feed.

While Dean is the best in every aspect of ordering Arthropods, I value his communication. He may be on a field collecting trip or @ a big show although he still manages to respond to email at lightening fast speeds. I wonder if he sleeps? :?

I cannot recommend nwinterts.com enough ... browsing all of the forums and seeing mixed reviews I have never come across anything even mediocre regarding his business - anyone who has done business with him understands why.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got more slings from Dean this past weekend at the Unique Animal Expo in Hillsboro. His animals are allways so healthy and good looking, the only problem you will ever have is choosing which ones to get! :D

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just unpacked my order from Dean, boy does he do packing!!! I ordered one sling and it came in this HUGE box, stuffed with styrofoam, newspaper, bubble wrap and anything else you can imagine that could be used for insulation!!! Plus two heat packs. After I located the 1/2 inch sling, I found it was happy and toasty warm, and not at all excited about leaving its cozy little nest.
Thank you Dean. I will be doing business with you again.

AR-Tarantula

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Positive

Have completed two transactions with Northwest Inverts over the last couple of months. Great service, shipping, and spiders. Greatly appreciate him keeping shipping at an affordable level. Highly recommended.

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome!!!!

Traded Mr.Pittman my Male P Regalis for $60 store credit.
He was pleasent and Made Great on our deal . I would definately recommend him.

tacomadiver

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Positive

I will absolutely order from them again. I'm completely satisfied with what I got, and I would definitely recommend them to friends!
Thanks
Chris

Mistwalker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Northwest Inverts

EXTREMELY negative.

Last winter, I sent a male spider of mine to be bred by them. The breeding produced no results. However, this is NOT what I'm upset about. This happens sometimes.

What I'm upset about is the fact that they didn't contact me ever, without me contacting them, usually several times, first. They didn't contact me to tell me they received my spider. Three separate emails went unanswered. I eventually had to call them to find out they even just got my spider.

They didn't contact me ever to tell me how anything went, at all, unless I emailed them. Again, several times.

They didn't email me to tell me the breeding had failed, until I emailed them first.

There was an utter lack of communication on their part, and even when I did email them, often times the emails went unanswered.

I will NEVER buy from these people, or do business with them in any way, and I would suggest no one else do business with them either. They are completely unprofessional, and showed me, as someone who was taking all the risk in sending my spider, absolutely no respect.

NorthwestInverts

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Anyone who does not use their name to sign their post shouldn't deserve a response....I will however, respond anyway, it's just my style. I take pride in customer service and do not like anyone to be unhappy with any transaction, even a breeding loan. I guess you cannot please everyone.

Since this person does not leave their name, I will call this person "john doe".

If anyone is interested in how I do business, just read my numerous other reviews I have, and that will speak for itself. Anyone who has done business with me knows that.

I accepted a mature male A. versicolor from "john doe" for a standard breeding loan. I bred the male to multiple females, who all eventually did not produce. The last female finally molted just days ago. This person contacted me immediately after sending the male and explained how attached he was to it and wanted to be aware of events as they happened. I explained up front that i do not have the time to give a "play by play" and that I would contact him if and when we had an eggsac or all females molted without laying. I did however explain that "john doe" is welcome to contact me at anytime and I will give him an update. We did that. This obviously irritated him and appears to be the biggest problem he has. I appologized to "john doe" if he was unhappy with the situation. There is nothing else I can do. If I would have dumped a load of versi's on him, I doubt if there would be an issue right now. Everyone would be happy...

Thanks,

Dean Pittman
Northwest Invertebrates

Mistwalker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for not addressing anything I said in my post. Like how you didn't email me until I emailed you three times and called to tell me my spider arrived. Also, how you didn't email me to tell me the breedings failed. I didn't ask for a "blow by blow", but you never contacted me ever, without me contacting you multiple times first.

Why don't you actually answer for what you did? Or failed to do, as it is. Own up to it, try being honest. It's pathetic. You treat me with absolutely no respect, and then you won't even own up to it or admit it.

I wouldn't have posted this poor review if you'd just given me a simple apology, but apparently you're just too proud to apologize for things you've done wrong.

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Another great transaction!

Just completed another deal with Dean and all went off without a hitch. Dean is an exceptional person to deal with and always goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. Once again, we both endured long road trips to meet-up.
I would not hesitate to do future business with Dean and based on our history, it seems likely that it will happen again and again!

Thanks again Dean!

Last edited: