• The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.

Northwest Invertebrates (www.northwestinverts.com)

surena

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dean was a really friendly guy to deal with. Communication was great. He responded to my emails quickly. He also sent 3 freebies ! Everything was packed very well. He also called to make sure the package had arrived safe !

SamtheMan

Arachnopeon
Positive

Dean was an upstanding guy and very helpful. All of the Ts arrived and looked great. Good prices and good service, what more could you ask for? I will definately give him my business in the future.

TabbieNorton

Arachnopeon
Unsurpassed Professionalism

I have used Dean a couple times now and the communication and professionalism are unsurpassed. He always answers all my questions and gives me extensive information on housing and care. The shipping is always extremely fast and the animals are shipped well. I have received multiple tarantulas and each one was calm and in excellent condition upon arrival.
I would recommend him to anyone over anyone else!!
Dean you are awesome!!!

SamtheMan

Arachnopeon
Positive
I ordered from Dean again and everything worked out great. The Ts were healthy and doing fine despite the fact the carrier had difficulty delivering because it rained non-stop for 3 days. He even threw in a p. chordatus sling as a freebie which was awesome since I'd been meaning to get a member of the genus for a long time. All and all, outstanding service and spiders.

GootySapphire

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Positive!

I just unpacked my package from Dean, an H. incei sling. Looks beautiful, a little skinny but it ate right away...is already laying down some webbing. Very friendly very curteous and responsive and timely. I will definitely do business with him again. Thanks Dean!

K MUELLER

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
positive!!!!

I made a small purchase from Dean, and all went well. He even gave a freebie with the order,great job!!! will do business with him again,keep up the great work,thanks again-Karl :worship:

ancientscout

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dean is great to do business with

I purchased a Cobalt Blue female from Dean and i must say it was everything i expected it to be. He is a great guy to do business with and is very knowledgeable. He truly does answer questions no matter how small or unimportant they may seem. He has great animals, very good prices and i plan to do more business with NWInverts in the future. He is really what i have been looking for in a dealer. He also is local to my state which is even better! Thanks again Dean for being the honest and reliable dealer that you are.:clap:
The beast master..
ancientscout

carl shook

Arachnopeon
brazilian salmon

dean was terrific,any questions i had he took care of, i will certainly do business with him in the near future.thanks again,carl{D

ancientscout

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dean Pittman's NWInverts

Dean Pittman is not only a great guy but i have had the pleasure of meeting him in Eugene, Oregon at a reptile exp recently.

He has a great selection of tarantulas and i don't know what all but he is also a knowledgeable dealer. He also is willing to "trade boys for girls which is again..great.

I purchased my Cobalt blue T from him at the exp show here in Eugene. I have been totally satisfied with this female. She was healthy and has proved to be quite viewable and active at night.

And i have decided to order again from him. In fact, he should be shipping today arriving tomorrow. I cannot wait. I am now adding a Salmon Pink Birdeater and what they call an Arizona blonde giving me three nice females to the five i am seeking. I feel i could obtain all of my wish list from Dean alone without problem. He is local[i love that]and helpful.
I would do business with him again anytime.:clap:

ancientscout

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Positive

Dean is a great person to deal with for the following reasons:
1. Reasonable price on live stock ($65 male A. versicolor, $38 1 inch GBB)
2. Fast shipping at a cheap price ($25) professionally packed
3. Quality live stock
4. Knowledgeable
5. THE BEST COMMUNICATION, second to none. :) :) :) :) :)

The big question is: Should you use NWInverts only if you live on the west coast? That thought did enter my mind as I live on the east coast. I placed my order late Monday night east coast time, it was shipped Tuesday, and I recieved it noon on Wednesday. It took ONE DAY North West Coast to South East Coast! :)

Dean called me to tell me when he was going to ship it. Then after he shipped it he called me to give me the tracking number. I knew when I could expect the package delivered. The packing was excellent, including a heat pack. No chance for injury to the Ts.

I called on the toll free number, placed my order, paid with credit card, had the Ts delivered without delay. No excuses, just results. If you want exactly what you expect in a timely fashion, Dean is your man. So, in conclusion, NWInverts gets my highest recommendation.

I will be doing business with Dean again with no concern with his NW location. Its actually pretty cool to be able to do business later EST while they're still open PST.

Siienceofdeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Positive

I called Dean a week ago explaining to him that I wanted to order a T from him but could not have it arrive until the next Friday. He promised me he would ship my G. pulchra and GBB on Thursday so I would receive it on Friday. I kept Dean on the phone at least ten minutes asking questions about the T's and the whole time he was more then willing to answer my questions, not once did it ever seem like he didn't want to answer.

On Thrusday Dean called to give me my tracking number and let me know he was going to ship my T's. I mentioned to him that I was already addicted to T's and was looking at the A. purpeau. He told me that he had them in and I told him I would like to order one of those. Rather then charging me for shipping on that single purchase Dean went out of his way to open up my package and repacked the box with the A. purpeau inside. Saving me the money on shipping two packages!!

My T's arrived about three hours ago and I was very impressed by the shipping, I doubt my T's even knew they were ship via mail. There was no way that my T's could have been injured unless a truck would have run over the box. All of my T's are healthy and active! I even got to observe my G. pulchra drinking from the water dish I put in the enclosure!! And my Avic, whew lets just say the name Alba Bengelan (Purple Speed Demon) is more then fitting for it.

To make a long story short (I know I know, too late). I will definately use Dean for ALL my T purchases in the future, he is #1 in my book!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Excellent Customer Service

I made a purchase from Dean several months ago. I received everything from the order in perfect health. Shipping was prompt and packaging was well done.
The transaction went very well and his professionalism and willingness to address all of my questions was much appreciated.
As an added bonus, being fortunate enough to live so close, allows Northwest hobbyist the opportunity to save money on shipping since UPS ground arrives overnight, (at least Portland to Seattle).
I look forward to many, many, future transactions with Dean!

GootySapphire

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Dean is a great guy with great T's, he is very knowledgeable about them and doesnt mind taking the time to give you answers to your questions. He has a great selection, and I would advise everyone to order from Dean. I bought 4 beautiful T's from him at the Reptile Expo in OR. Was nice meetin you finally Dean.

tima

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Northwest Inverts

An excellent experience...Dean was very fast with emails; and when he discovered after I placed the order that he was out of larger Brachypelma albopilosum, he offered to send 3 1/2" slings...seemed like a great deal to me...and even better when they arrived and were larger than I expected (at least 3/4"). All spiders in order arrived well-packed and apparently quite healthy. I am very pleased.:) :) :)

luna

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my first online transaction

I am reading reviews of other dealers and now feeling very guilty for not posting a review for my first online transaction.

Northwest Invertebrates was the first site that appealed to me enough to make that initial purchase. Dean was very helpful and 6 months later I still love all of the little avics that I adopted from him.

nwinverts.com is also one of my favorite daydreaming, "this is what I want next" websites due to its format. I love that there are pictures next to most species and his large selection. Whenever I am trying to convince another person that T's really are beautiful, I type in this url and start scrolling through the price list.

Thank you for being a great arachnodealer!

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Excellent!

Did a trade with Dean today. Talk about customer service! We both had spiders that we were weary of shipping so Dean drove 2+ hours to meet me to conduct the trade.
As always, his product is exceptional not to mention that he stands behind it!
It's obvious that Dean is not in the business to turn a quick dollar, he is in the business because he is passionate about what he does.
Because of his commitment to his work and his exceptional customer service, I will definitely be looking to him for all of my future purchases and trades!
Thanks Dean...you're the best!

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Never ceases to amaze me!

Received my second to last package from my deal with Dean yesterday. I can honestly say that I have not seen packing done as well as he does it.
I think those T's would have survived an atomic blast. The specimens, (3 juvi T.blondi), were in great shape and shipped exactly when he said they would be shipped.
Great to talk to. Great product. Great packing.

Thanks Dean!

2shelbys

Arachnopeon
Northwest Invertebrates (www.nwinverts.com)

I just picked up some spiderlings and a scorpion from Dean. What a great guy. Great prices, great-looking spiderlings, excellent packaging, and fast shipping. What more can I say? I will definitely be sending more business his way.

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
positive

Dean is a true and honest dealer, we did a trade and all was as expected and more, he tossed in a few slings extra. Someone I would do business with again.
Dean my hat is off:clap: :worship: :worship:

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My best Valentines Day gift ever...

The Avicularia purpurea that I ordered from Dean a few weeks ago gave me a molt for Valentines Day! How'd he arrange that one? How'd he know that was exactly what I wanted!

This was my first mail order. This was also my most expensive spider I am extremely broke but also thought it would cheer me up as I've been down in the dumps and sure enough it did and continues to so it's worth it. I also got a P. cambridgei which is my current favorite spider because it is extremely beautiful, grew really fast, eats like a pig, is active and made a beautiful web. Then there's the B. vagans which is EXTREMELY mellow and I got a wolf spider too, but I lost it, I feel really bad about that.

They were all well packed and healthy. They all ate right away and all sucessfully molted.

What I liked best was that the website is extremely well organized, clear, eacy to use and that Dean answered my emails quickly. The transaction was smooth and quick and I am very happy with my first mail order spiders.

Can't wait for my next batch.
Jodi