User Feeman's Tarantula Pictures

Feeman

Arachnopeon
Three different female females that have unconfirmed id's. The Mt Carbine gravid produced 186 slings that I am currently feeding, they are just starting their 4th instar, it seems to take up to a week for them all to molt.
The second one is female rescue from a pet shop on Atherton Tablelands.
Third pic is a mature female from a backyard in Mareeba, which I suspect is pq113.
Enjoy.

Attachments

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Very very hard to ID Phlogius. Out of curiosity, what made you think pq113 for the last one? If I had to take a guess based on locality alone, Phlogius kuranda are located pretty close by.

Steven Nunn would be the only person I would trust to give you definite ID's on them all, he's described countless species in and out of Australia

Feeman

Arachnopeon
Steve feels they are possibly proserpines. When the one I think is pq113 molted it was very blue in the legs.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Steve feels they are possibly proserpines. When the one I think is pq113 molted it was very blue in the legs.
Their common name unfortunately can be very deceiving as a number can have blue legs or be entirely blue post molt, my kuttabul for instance gets strong metallic lavender blue on her abdomen, outer legs and some of the cephalothorax. Some pq113 can also be regular brown as was sadly the case with with my old fella

Feeman

Arachnopeon
I have since had the molt confirmed, upon further inspection, as pq113 and that the Mt Carbine as Phlogius sp ghost by Steven C Nunn. Pretty stoked. Still don't know about the pet shop rescue T, I'm just happy she is fattening up and less nervous.

Attachments