Normal behaviour?

Pipef0x

Arachnopeon
Hi, new owner here and would like some general advice on the normal day to day behaviour for my tarantula. She’s a subadult lasiodora parahybana about 4 inches, she moved into the enclosure with no hiccups and has been very calm and docile which I know this species is known for :)
She’s pretty motionless right now, sitting in the same spot practically all day, and has not accepted food yet, she is new so I understand she may just be settling in still but I am curious as to how long this may take and when I should worry about her not eating/moving etc… what does a happy and content lp look like? 26E8B890-D494-44BE-AA62-D4C5834166C4.jpeg 5EFA4182-C56F-49F8-90B1-1D74757843B5.jpeg

Stemmy101

Arachnosquire
Hi! Ts usually take anywhere from a few days to weeks to settle into their new enclosures so if it doesn't take food for a while it's probably still just adjusting or maybe in premolt. Nothing you described sounds abnormal, Ts are pretty sedentary animals and typically aren't very active.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hi, new owner here and would like some general advice on the normal day to day behaviour for my tarantula. She’s a subadult lasiodora parahybana about 4 inches, she moved into the enclosure with no hiccups and has been very calm and docile which I know this species is known for :)
She’s pretty motionless right now, sitting in the same spot practically all day, and has not accepted food yet, she is new so I understand she may just be settling in still but I am curious as to how long this may take and when I should worry about her not eating/moving etc… what does a happy and content lp look like? View attachment 408569 View attachment 408570
Given the size of that abdomen you have nothing to worry about. Try feeding in a week or two.

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
that’s p much all they do is just chill in 1 spot in their den 99.9% of the time - other times they might sit at the mouth of the burrow waiting for prey, venture out a little to get some water or occasionally explore but again, 99.9% of the time they’re just going to want to chill in their den and that’s it

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
how long this may take and when I should worry about her not eating/moving etc… what does a happy and content lp look like?
No one can predict..a day to weeks or more- enjoy

Worry- when abdomen gets way too small

Content- exactly what I see

You bought an 8 legged pet rock pretty much enjoy.

PhoenixFyre

Arachnomom
Arachnosupporter +
I have three slings that I barely see. If I'm lucky I see their legs. Or if they come out to get their food which is rare ... since they like getting to it when I turn out the lights.

I'm guessing they're in their burrows listening to jazz and enjoying life. I mean seriously...I'm their Grub Hub so what else would they need? :lol:

Your T looks lovely and it doesn't seem like there is anything wrong :spider:

Pipef0x

Arachnopeon
Thank everyone for the replies! Really helped to set my mind at ease :) I went with the Lp because I’ve read that their care is rather simple and they’re quite showy t’s and can have lovely temperaments, so far I’m not disappointed but I’m still new to their general behaviour

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Totally normal, they are naturally sedentary creatures. Enjoy