Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Abyss

Arachnoknight
i am standing here doing my daily "rounds" checking on all my T's.
Checking for moults, leftovers, dry water dishs, etc
And BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
I notice a 2nd P. metallica in the hide meaning she finally moulted (been waiting a month or so).

My excitement turns to "noooooooo" as watch her pearl white fangs destroying the moult rite on the edge of the hide in front of me hahahahaha.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I feel your pain, my damn E. uatuman both molt up against the clear enclosure wall of their deep burrow and I get to look at the perfect molt just hopping this time they might actually put it out whole. But noooooo! it comes up looking just like a roach bolus....little <edit>.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
its not so bad, pokies are one of the few genus that are pretty clear via ventral sexing. Obviously its not a guarantee, but in most cases you would tell within a 80-90% error in my experience.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know how you feel! My T. stirmi webbed herself up in her hide a couple of months ago and I've eagerly been awaiting the molt. I wanted that big, beautiful exoskeleton to put in a shadow box for my classroom - but when she finally got around to molting last week, she immediately dragged it out of the hide - in pieces. I still retrieved it, but half the legs are not attached.

My GBB also molted recently. When I went to pull out the molt, she attacked the tongs and broke several legs off the molt before flipping around and kicking up a cloud of hairs. Nasty little beast!

Paulhodgkinson

Arachnopeon
im not too great at ventral sexing so... by candlelight, I give them all an exfoliating body scrub every night in front of a film, The Notebook. The ones that cry are females. The Ts that don't are males. Easy.

cold blood

Staff member
When its on the glass, shine a light under it, and move the angle of the light from the front to back, and back to front...males will have a distinct dot above the slit...its pretty obvious.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
im not too great at ventral sexing so... by candlelight, I give them all an exfoliating body scrub every night in front of a film, The Notebook. The ones that cry are females. The Ts that don't are males. Easy.
So...what do males do? Consistently hoarding the remote controls and put NFL/WWF/NASCAR on while burping and drinking beer? :p
Or, for the more 'metroman', secretly crying over the same movie, telling their wives they cry because she does? :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i am standing here doing my daily "rounds" checking on all my T's.
Checking for moults, leftovers, dry water dishs, etc
And BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
I notice a 2nd P. metallica in the hide meaning she finally moulted (been waiting a month or so).

My excitement turns to "noooooooo" as watch her pearl white fangs destroying the moult rite on the edge of the hide in front of me hahahahaha.
What's the big deal. You know its gender..:confused:o_O

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Yea ya"ll helped me vent sex it but i was really hopeing to save this one to frame. Maybe next time :(