nooby question

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i am new at sorpion caring and new on this site wats a instar caus i hear people talking about instar 1-5 and i was wondering wat it was. plz reply

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
An instar is the molt the scorpion is at.

In the scorpion hobby, when they are first born they are called instar one, and when they molt they are called instar two and so on and so forth.

Mike

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
An instar is the molt the scorpion is at.

In the scorpion hobby, when they are first born they are called instar one, and when they molt they are called instar two and so on and so forth.

Mike
so instar 5 is the last stage when it is a adult. thanks for the help really appreciate it

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It depends on the species of when it is adult, and sometimes depends on the sex of the scorpion.

Mike

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so instar 5 is the last stage when it is a adult. thanks for the help really appreciate it
Many of the commonly kept scorpions usually mature at 7 molts however some males from some species can do the deed in 6.
BTW....The term "instar" is used throughout the invert world and also applys to spiders, mantids, sticks plus others.
Occasionly you will see "L2" written instead of "instar 2", especially in Europe. As far as i remember the "L" comes from the German "Larven".

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Many of the commonly kept scorpions usually mature at 7 molts however some males from some species can do the deed in 6.
BTW....The term "instar" is used throughout the invert world and also applys to spiders, mantids, sticks plus others.
Occasionly you will see "L2" written instead of "instar 2", especially in Europe. As far as i remember the "L" comes from the German "Larven".
ohhhhh ty for that learn something new everday. erm also i wanted to know how do u kno if your scorp is ready to mate or do u just put a male and a female together and they just do it

Roxs

Arachnopeon
I remember reading somewhere that thay have to be fully grown, done with last molt, before they can mate. Not sure about this though.. Maybe some one else wanna fill this in :confused: