Noobish searching

Corcor

Arachnopeon
Hello all,

I haven't had a scorpion in at least 10 years, but have been keeping t's for 15+. I live in Canada. I'm looking to pickup a few scorpions. The last species I had were a p.imperator and a p. Transvaalicus, I was young and dumb, told my parents they were the same species just young and old...young and dumb. There is a transvaalicus available not far from me, but the temp requirements are a few degrees too high for the t's in the room. No I don't have another room. Im looking for a species that stays around 4in, thrives in the 75-80 degree range. I'm not looking to get an a. Australis, I choose life lol, but also don't want a pandinus or heterometrus. Any and all help with my search is greatly appreciated.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Btw, most if not all scorps can do well in those temps ;) They will just grow slower. BUT, of you want to get a great intro species, get a Hadogenes species! Especially troglodytes :D Not only are they the longest scorpions in the world, they are incredibly hardy. Very low humidity requirements, less-than-bee-sting levels of venom, and they are fine in "lower" temps. They are my favorite scorp genus. They look like roadkill, with beautiful brown/red color. Not sure how common they are to find in Canada, but these are the species I recommend to anyone getting into the hobby :D

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Centruroides Gracilis is awesome communal and can do well in many different conditions along with few other centruroides. Just need higher humidity. Tityus is a good one also requiring more humidity.

If your were willing to care for p trans. Than a Australis should be no different in care and handling lol. But they do require more heat.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I want to be different today. A colony of Uroctonus mordax. They are awesome.

Stugy

Arachnolord
I want to be different today. A colony of Uroctonus mordax. They are awesome.
What an absolute hipster! I wanna join in too! Find a scorpion you would like (any species) research / ask questions about it, get it ;) Though if you want a specific species, I started out with a female Heterometrus petersii. Very fun though they do become pet holes if you provide enough substrate!

RTTB

Arachnoprince
They are a room temp easy to care for scorpion and communal. Big claws and just pretty damn cool.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm going to buck the trend as well, Paravaejovis spinigerus. A cute desert species.

Also Paruroctonus boreus, a scorpion that lives in Canada.

Last edited:

Stugy

Arachnolord
Where can I find some U. mordax, have always wanted this species!
I think they are found in Northern California (correct me if I'm wrong) and I know Peter from Bugsincyberspace sells them every once in a while.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Get them from Tripiron here on the boards. Awesome to deal with.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Yeah from about Santa Barbara, CA up through to WA.