Non Helpful Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Even without smartphones, I never felt the need to type like a mentally subnormal monkey.

Of you get bitched at at this site, you've deserved it, and if your other posts have been anything like this soup(I mean, honestly, buy a vowel..) I would say you have indeed deserved it. As this is a place of written communication, writing in a manner that is understandable is very important.

As for the subject, I see that usually it's not us being unhelpfull, it's some of the people being stubbornly unwilling to receive help, even when asking for it.

As for deleting you account. It's as simple as never coming on here again. I'm sure nobody is holding a gun to your head, screaming you need to go on AB to have a fit..

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Even without smartphones, I never felt the need to type like a mentally subnormal monkey.

Of you get bitched at at this site, you've deserved it, and if your other posts have been anything like this soup(I mean, honestly, buy a vowel..) I would say you have indeed deserved it. As this is a place of written communication, writing in a manner that is understandable is very important.

As for the subject, I see that usually it's not us being unhelpfull, it's some of the people being stubbornly unwilling to receive help, even when asking for it.

As for deleting you account. It's as simple as never coming on here again. I'm sure nobody is holding a gun to your head, screaming you need to go on AB to have a fit..
Your posts always make my day better {D "mentally subnormal monkey" LMAO

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I certainly like to hope I have been helpful, at least in some respects. :)
(In the watering hole, I'm a little more aggressive. right Abra? ;) )

I agree with Fran. There is no getting rid of your account. Just hit the "X" button and never return; it's the easiest solution and is right there in your grasp, so take a notion and go with it if that's what you want.

I can gladly say that I have been on these boards for just over 4 years (and the hobby about 5.5-6). I've loved every minute of it, even when I was aggrevated at someone for something that was said.

The three main reasons that will get you "flamed" on this site:
1. Asking the same question that has been asked 3,000,574 times before.. before using the search function.
2. Asking for help or advice, and then getting pissed off at the people trying to help you when they tell you what they know, and acting like they are wrong, or that their experiences are worthless, and that their advice "couldn't possibly help".
3. Being a hypocrite and starting threads wherein you (the OP) says many of the people on this site are rude and mean... That, in itself, is pretty shameful, and can often stem from being a little "hot under the collar" when being flamed for something (most often something branching from numbers 1 and 2).

Honorable mention for how to get flamed goes to: starting Hybridization threads.

Do this make sense?

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Honorable mention for how to get flamed goes to: starting Hybridization threads.
Bliss,

To append your "Honorable mention" topics I would add : Vertebrate feeding and how to make your spider jump threads ;)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bliss,

To append your "Honorable mention" topics I would add : Vertebrate feeding and how to make your spider jump threads ;)
Are you saying making your spider jump is..."not normal"?! Oh man! {D

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what is this the watering hole you speak of? :confused:

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what is this the watering hole you speak of? :confused:
A special Off Topic forum here you must sign up for and agree to terms for access. The rules are HERE and to sign up there is a link in your User Control panel under "Group memberships".

Go there, select "The Watering Hole" and hit the join button.

Enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.