Non Helpful Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree, and not just because you're too lazy to actually type the word "people". The people here will always give a proper answer and will try to help as much as possible. If they start bitching, it's for a good reason. And for most questions, people reply something like, "Use the search function." Stupid, right? Wrong, most of the questions asked can actually be answered by doing a quick search. There's a very helpful search bar- take advantage of it :). If people give you a hard time, well, you deserve it. As Mister I said on a thread I can't remember, the fact that this thread exists means the universe failed somehow. Even on this thread, some people are confused and willing to help if you're willing to accept help. Well, why aren't you?
Wait.. What? Your one to tell someone there is a search function? {D

Seriously though.. This is your best post EVER!

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
i think that the bantering is a lot of fun to read. so is the bitching!:) Tarantula Chat is about tarantulas, not how illiterate forum-goers dont like the way people (ppl, to spk in ur lng) respond.

i will now translate this so the OP can read it.

i thnk tht the banterng is a lot of fn to rede. so is the bitchin!:) trantla cht is abt trantlas, nt hw illitrate form-gors dnt lke the way ppl rspond.:?:?:?

Sodaboy1978

Arachnopeon
i think that the bantering is a lot of fun to read. so is the bitching!:) Tarantula Chat is about tarantulas, not how illiterate forum-goers dont like the way people (ppl, to spk in ur lng) respond.

i will now translate this so the OP can read it.

i thnk tht the banterng is a lot of fn to rede. so is the bitchin!:) trantla cht is abt trantlas, nt hw illitrate form-gors dnt lke the way ppl rspond.:?:?:?

ROFLMAO!!!{D
What???
Um I have never been cursed at. Called names. or been beat down buy anyone in this Forum. Everyone has been helpful.

seezilla

Arachnopeon
As a forum and Hobby newbie, I don't know what you're talking about. People in this forum have been NOTHING BUT HELPFUL to me even when I let me son accidentally kill one of our slings. They were super helpful, most didn't condemn my mistake and on every single post I've made, I've learned something new from someone who is more experienced than I.

Its why you have two ears/eyes and one mouth. You're supposed to listen (or in the case of the internet READ) and absorb and do less speaking/typing. Also, please to be learning how to type. I stopped reading your post because my 8yo types much better and has better sentence structure than you. :rolleyes: I just can't even....

Anyway, what can we help you with?? Do you have a question or did you just come here to whine?? Just wondering?? :D

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Wait.. What? Your one to tell someone there is a search function? {D

Seriously though.. This is your best post EVER!
Thanks. I looked back at all of my posts and noticed something- they were all some pretty stupid posts!

Last edited:

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you just said u would ignore me. and there i went and rerted a few ook 1 seconds o find some. and a moderatr f all pl callng a 12 yr ld girl hw immature mderators r suppossed to help not undermind. im new to this forum and i help ppl but if i needed help nooo none helps me cause i dont 50 posts a day or pictures of everything i have cause it wont hold more than 4 mb im not a child this isnt like text mesaging and im sure there r ppl that agree with me. i thought this forum was suppossed to be helpful i was reffered to this and my bad i didnt know to ask YOU out of all the moderators.
This entire "paragraph" reads like one long and very poorly written text message. You are not even taking the time to type entire three letter words such as how or you. I agree that if you wan't to be taken seriously that an effort needs to be made to type in something a little more coherent than this. It felt like I had to decipher a code of some type to read your message.

Alex G

Arachnopeon
Actually, being a daughter of the internet generation as you appear to be, I've been on a fair amount of forums, of all manner of subjects, and this one by far is the most respectful, scientifically focused, and helpful. Maybe if you didn't act like a 12 year old on speed, you would have the same experience I have had so far.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
I am not "worthless", not with double-digit millions in the bank- :embarrassed:

As for 'not helpful', I never ran across a post from you til now... :?

I have 4 years of college English, and speak and write 4 Languages... I have seen many many forms of written shorthand...

...and even I had to re-read your posts to be sure I got it right! :wall:

OK, 'nuff said....

can we end a useless thread??????????

S.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I'd like to consider myself a helpful person, and yes there are quite a few people on hear that are VERY helpful. To name only a few (Fran,Redneck,KoriTamashii,Chris Skeleton,Protectyaaaaneck,Mac&Cass,Draiman,Anastasia,Curiousme,Hobo,Robc) just to name a small few... Just don't go around flamin everyone or saying these forums are junk. For the most part they are a GREAT help and there are tons of people out there willing to help at the drop of a hat. There are a select few that are less helpful (maybe angry at the world) who knows, but don't focus on that. I have been on here for idk, 4 months and haven't been flamed for anything yet. Yes, arguments occur, but it's not like we hate eachother just because we don't agree on something. Just be nice, and you will have no problem getting what you want out of these forums. :D

Last edited:

Titandan

Arachnopeon
I do think most of the people here are super friendly and very helpful to boot! But what I don't understand sometimes is when they immediately say, "search function is your friend" or some other sarcastic remark about "search function this or that."

I understand you might get a lot of the same questions like, "why is my rose hair T a pet rock?" or "why is my tarantula lethargic and not eating?"

But sometimes, I think it's okay to just start a new thread on the same topics. I have done search functions on some of the issues I'm dealing with and sometimes it still doesn't reveal much about what I'm trying to figure out. But I'm finding that I get a bit hesitant to start a thread because of fear that the "search function" nazi's will come out of the wood works! :eek:

I'm being a bit dramatic here... but I do think some of you need to be a bit less "search function" trigger happy.:embarrassed:

But for the most part, people here and the mods are awesome!:clap:

hastur

Arachnopeon
I am afraid that I must report that absurd unreadable messages are only the beginning.I have had the displeasure of hearing kids text speak.
People typing prolly rather than probably is a personal pet peeve and I have now heard it used in a conversation,repeatedly.
Various text phrases and abbreviations have become part of the daily spoken language of those under fifteen.

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm wondering how text speech is still around now that everyone's using a smartphone. My phone doesn't let me make strange abbreviations with the predictive input. No one I know does text speech either. I think you'd really have to work to send a text message that unreadable these days.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have posted on here and seen ppl posting on here asking for help or advice on what to get. and most of what they get is bitching, harrassment or ppl making fun. i have had several ppl tell me i dont know anything or and prolly dont even own anything so my list is posted of what i own in my profile. i post on here trying to help ppl and just get underminded like i know nothing. even though i own what i help with and i know how to take care of them. how is this suppossred to be a helpful forum and even if u mail moderators u wont get a response this forum needs more helpful ppl and ppl to criticize. i have seen ppl get cussed out for wanting advice on what to get, bitched at cause they bought a t at a pet store and the petstore had it on woodchips and ppl bitch like its their fault not the stores. not trying to be bitchy but this site just needs a few more helpful ppl

Completely opposite of my experience here. I've gotten nothing but friendly, courteous, informative help.

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
I think you'd really have to work to send a text message that unreadable these days.
Well you haven't seen my mum text yet lol.

@ The op

I have only been on the forum for the past few months and even though people can get a bit carried away on some threads, its very rare that it actually gets to the point off personal attacks between the op's and the people posting on the threads. its usually just some harmless fun, its happened to me {D

Status
Not open for further replies.