noisy crickets

jojobear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Roaches don't make noise and are much easier to deal with.

Charlie_Scorp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Normski2020uk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
In the summer i kept my Black crickets out doors. Mr little boy liberated the wjole colony. And they bread and lived until late Autom, and spread all over the estate. I remember walking home thrpugh the estate and hearing that familular chirp, until late Autom where thaere was just the one little hedge i could hear it in. It did make me smile But thats also a reason i dont keep roaches, i know if my crickets get out, a cold spell they would die off, or eventualy die out because they could not breed or deehydrate.

Charlie_Scorp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Its the same with certain roaches. My Blatta lateralis couldn't suvive outdoors in the UK and their egg cases wouldn't hatch indoors as there isn't enough humidity. But sure, other roack species many pose an infestation risk!

I like your story though!

thisgal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Or do like me, feed the males first LOL
Yes, do this. Also, I used to put them in my closet at night. It's cooler in there, and it muffles the one or two males who insist on incessant chirping.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
youll get used to it, and just get plenty of females and a few males, more likely a ratio of 1male to 5females, males will chirp but not as loud like hell.

or just cut the wings, they will still try to chirp but the sound they make are a lot minimal.

or just impale the males on the females butt, on that long thing that sticks out the abdomen of a female, or if you have nothing to do why not try some cricket pin cushion. :D

if you cant decide you can just throw them on your neighbors backyard.

:rolleyes: