Resolved No VPN love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
I use 2 different Virtual Private Networks (VPN's) and in both cases I get a message saying "that network is banned here"....it goes away when I disable them. I'd love to be able to be on here with them enabled, is there a way to do this?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Not sure why it wouldn't be working, I always have my VPN running. Maybe try connecting to a different host? Although I routinely change mine, and I've still never had that issue. Worst I've run into is slow load times.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
Not sure why it wouldn't be working, I always have my VPN running. Maybe try connecting to a different host? Although I routinely change mine, and I've still never had that issue. Worst I've run into is slow load times.
I'm running VPN Unlimited in Streaming mode (for Netflix playback) most of the time on my main computer, and a different one on my laptop I barely use. In both cases this site wont work, and only this site so far. Hence the reason I thought it was intentional on here for some reason. Obviously it's not and I'll look into other host's if just to keep it going during my visits here. Thanks.

Yep, it was that specific host, got it going, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yep, it was that specific host, got it going, thanks!
Out of curiosity, does your VPN tell you what city the host was located? I'd like to take a look on my end as well.

As a side, I tried the streaming mode on mine as well. I never use it on this computer because I never stream here, but lo and behold, this site ends up with a timeout error regardless of which host I use. Other bandwidth-heavy sites like Facebook or Youtube don't have this issue at all.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
Out of curiosity, does your VPN tell you what city the host was located? I'd like to take a look on my end as well.

As a side, I tried the streaming mode on mine as well. I never use it on this computer because I never stream here, but lo and behold, this site ends up with a timeout error regardless of which host I use. Other bandwidth-heavy sites like Facebook or Youtube don't have this issue at all.
Oddly I must concur that the streaming function of probably all VPN's might just block more than it should to make streaming possible. This wasn't the only site I've run into that won't load when that particular host was used, but this is the only one I couldn't get to work after trying different settings in my VPN. I guess it's the price we pay to get some sites to work whilst using our streaming VPN host. I can easily switch it to another host whilst on here so it's no biggie, but it would be nice not to have to....the city I used, btw, was California, the host used for streaming.

Last edited:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I almost always have a VPN going and I have never had a problem with this site. Mine is usually set to Chicago.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
I almost always have a VPN going and I have never had a problem with this site. Mine is usually set to Chicago.
Well from what I've seen, it's just trying to user a specific host, like a custom one for allowing Netflix streaming while using a VPN, that trips this site and others as well, up. It's a pain, but at least I can still use a VPN simply by switching hosts, but I sure wish I didn't have to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.