No time wasted...a new T already

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just under 2 weeks after getting my G. pulchra from invertepet, I went to the show in McDonough, GA. The selection was somewhat disappointing. The majority of Ts for sale were rosies and avic avics. I have no problems w/ these species, but they just weren't what I wanted just yet. There weren't as many Brachys and Aphnopelmas as I had hoped. There was a nice 2" B. smithi, but I didn't have $40. So, I came home with a 4-4.5" female Brachypelma albopilosum for $15. She's very cool, and really dwarfs my G. pulchra by comparison. I didn't expect to come home w/ anything this big, so I need a bigger Kritter Keeper for her. The guy I got her from was real cool, and answered a lot of questions for me. I came very close to buying a desert hairy scorplet for $3 that was 3/4" from nose to base of tail. What is that part called again, the mesasoma? I now wish I had bought the scorplet also. Did anybody attend this show?

Bry

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Good choice...

You won't be disappointed with the B. albopliosum. I love mine. She's an eating machine. She is also very, very docile. Loves to burrow to so give it some deep substrate to burrow in. Any photos?

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, she already seems very mellow. She dug herself a good deal into the substrate last night. I have to find the water bowl under all that substrate now. =D The substrate is 3", is that deep enough for her? Well, I am out to go get her a bigger cage.

EDIT: Forgot to add that my digital camera broke sometime last Christmas. I have to go get a disposable camera to take some pics for you guys.

Bry

Last edited:

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks, Jeremy. Just a note, I went out and got a large kritter keeper. She doesn't look quite so cramped anymore. I also went ahead and added another inch of substrate. She's doing good and pigging out. She already started webbing the very first night, although it's not quite as thick as that of GBBs or Usambaras.

Bry