No T.blondi eggsac, she is molting

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well shucks, my P.murinus ate her eggsac and now my T.blondi is just about done molting. Went out to the pet store for crickets and came back and found Nakitta down and molting. She appears to be done but needs to flip over. Anxiously awaiting that to make sure she hasn't stuck to her abdomen anywhere. I see legs move once in a while so I will assume that it is a successful molt. Can't wait to see her size now. But dang, I had two really good breedings with her. Really wanted those eggs:(
Here is some pics that we got of it.

Attachments

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Blondi digs

What are you using for Nakitta's cage? Looks like an interesting set up. How big was Nakitta before the molt? I'd like to see a pic with her upright - bet she looks sweet. :}

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well Becky, that sucks. At least you have a molt date now, and you could get her, her "hook-up".
john

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I hate when that happens

Take comfort in the fact that you are not alone. Two weeks ago I had an eggsac eaten.:( Yesterday, my L. striatipes finished making her eggsac.:) Unfortunately, she has never been mated.:(

John

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I feel your pain Becky.
My P.regalis just ate her eggsack 3 days before i was going to pull it out.

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey JP Version 1.0- Are you serious? She made an eggsac and hasn't mated yet. Wow!

Oh gosh Bryan, that would break my heart 3 days prior to pulling it out.

I just finished talking to Joy because I was worried. It has been 24 hours and the old molt was still on top of her and I wanted to pull it out and check on her. So thanks to Joy, my fiance pulled out the old molt and now I just need this big girl to flip over. Never seen it take this long for a spider to flip. Now I get to play the waiting game and hope that she is going to be o.k.. I will post a pic when she or if she flips.