no stinger

Andrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i bought a emperor scorpion and the stinge was taken oh why did they do this does it hurt them.

Andrew:confused:

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The missing telson or sting could have been an injury or the scorpion could have had difficulty molting and lost the tip of its tail. It should be okay if it wasn’t a recent injury. Emperor scorpions do not tend to use their sting often.

W. Smith

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The tip of the sting? Man, that’s a lot of effort for someone to go through. I’ve seen pictures of that done of some of the more dangerous scorpions, but not on an Emperor. Did you notice if there were other scorpions with a similar problem? I have a L. quinqestriatus that has the tip missing of its sting. It is doing very well.

W. Smith

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by CID143ti
The missing telson or sting could have been an injury or the scorpion could have had difficulty molting and lost the tip of its tail. It should be okay if it wasn’t a recent injury. Emperor scorpions do not tend to use their sting often.

W. Smith
I know my Destroyer is quick to use her claws when bothered. It is weird that the stinger was filed down to me though. I've never seen that before with all the Emps I've either purchased or looked at in the petstore.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by CID143ti
The tip of the sting? Man, that’s a lot of effort for someone to go through. I’ve seen pictures of that done of some of the more dangerous scorpions, but not on an Emperor. Did you notice if there were other scorpions with a similar problem? I have a L. quinqestriatus that has the tip missing of its sting. It is doing very well.

W. Smith
You know, now that I think about it, maybe the person trhat sold the Emp to the person in question was under the misguided notion all Scorpions are dangerous? And when an adult Scorpion of the more dangerous variety gets it's stinger filed or removed totally does that mean it totally whacks you in the hand without giving you a lethal dose of venom?

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I also own a female emp who`s stinger is half missing
I think that a larger emp might have grabbed on to it
or it might have been stressed out and tried to sting something and broke it.
This has also happened to my H. arizonensis. I put to much sand in the encloser and she grabbed on to the top of her plapen cage. Her chela was lodged between the cracks and all i could hear was "THACK ,,,THACK,,,,THACK" It was stressed and trying to sting the sides of the tank. Her stinger was noticibly less pointy after this. But she still drills it into the heads of her victims.

Mat

And thats the emp that just popped out a bunch of young