Suggestion No sexing pics in pics preview

quirinus

Arachnoknight
Hi,
what about removing sexing pics from the previews on the main page if that's possible? So the beautiful non sexing pics aren't removed that fast? Or showing more pics in the previews?
Right now there only sexing or Id pics. So one misses the nice pics by @Arachnid Addicted and all the other Foto artists.
Regards, quirinus

Last edited:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hi,
what about removing sexing pics from the previews on the main page if that's possible? So the beautiful non sexing pics aren't removed that fast? Or showing more pics in the previews?
Right now there only sexing or Id pics. So one misses the nice pics by @Arachnid Addicted and all the other Foto artists.
Regards, quirinus
Sorry about the delay in responding. Thank you for your suggestion. There are currently no plans to remove sexing pictures from being displayed in the "Latest Media" widget. We feel that all pictures posted in the Media gallery deserve their time in the spotlight. That time depends wholly on how often pictures are added to the Media gallery. The best way to see pictures other than sexing and identification photos is to add photos to the Media gallery that are not sexing or identification photos. :)

There were 10 photos available to scroll through in the Latest Media widget.. How many are shown on screen at once depends on the viewport size (maximum of 6 on the widest viewport and minimum of 2 on the smallest). We are not adverse to increasing the total number of photos available and have increased that to 30. Hopefully this will give a wider range of photos to view in the Latest media widget.

Regards,
MrD

quirinus

Arachnoknight
The best way to see pictures other than sexing and identification photos is to add photos to the Media gallery that are not sexing or identification photos. :)
hehe :)

well, you have a point there, if i post a sexing picture, i am happy if someone gets to it by the previews as well.
thanks for changing the nummer of previews to 30 :)

kadupul

Arachnosquire
I think the website would look a lot better if the gallery wasn't always clogged with spider privates.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
I think the website would look a lot better if the gallery wasn't always clogged with spider privates.
In addition to the suggestion above, if you click on the category you want to see, there should not be any "spider privates" in there (unless you choose to view the sexing galleries).

kadupul

Arachnosquire
In addition to the suggestion above, if you click on the category you want to see, there should not be any "spider privates" in there (unless you choose to view the sexing galleries).
Yes, but the "latest media" on the front page is almost always primarily sexing pictures. Sometimes, it's even entirely sexing pictures. I just think that for the sake of the site's presentation and for first impressions on people who are just poking around, it would be better if the preview had more pictures of the whole bugs.