No movement after molt

Mrose

Arachnopeon
My curly haired tarantula molted between 24 and 32 hours ago. Since I saw her 24 hours ago, she has been in the exact same deformed looking position, with no movement. I can’t get a good look (or pic) of her because she barricaded herself inside a small half log. I can however tell she has not moved at all. Is this normal after a molt? I do not want to disturb her if this is normal. Or do I need to remove her log and look closer at her?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Size of T? Large Ts yes, slings no, exceptions to all.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
What do you mean by 'deformed' position? Does she have fresh water available? Did she moult in the tube, or move into the tube after moulting on her own?

Mrose

Arachnopeon
I’m trying to get pics, but hard to. The first picture is of her premolt. The next two I just took. I had to turn enclosure around and move some dirt from in front of cave opening to get these pics. It looks like a piece of the old skeleton is stuck to her. Two legs are reaching up and touching the top of the enclosure, one leg is payed backwards towards old skeleton, and the rest look curled up. She is kind of sideways and stuck to enclosure (I noticed when I tried to lift it up). She has not moved at all, even when I was moving dirt and enclosure. I did not lift enclosure all the way up, Incase this is normal. I can’t see the new body through the legs.

What do you mean by 'deformed' position? Does she have fresh water available? Did she moult in the tube, or move into the tube after moulting on her own?
Some legs are out and some curled up. Please see my full reply below.

Attachments

Mrose

Arachnopeon
24 hours (now, even longer) after a moult even an adult, let alone a juvenile, should have moved by now. Can you carefully remove the log and have a better look (and picture) of her?

If she is indeed stuck in her moult, time is of the essence.

Read this thread, it might help if there's indeed something wrong: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantula-stuck-in-its-molt-look-here-for-advice.306038/
OMG, this has been a total false alarm! When I moved the log, she came crawling out! The thing hanging upside down was her old skeleton! Nothing ever moved in log, so I didn’t know. - First time tarantula owner. So sorry.

Attachments

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
Don't fret too much, most of us have been there. Glad to hear she's okay. I hope it goes without saying, but you'll want to hold off on feeding for a bit (until her fangs are back to jet black plus another week or two). If she won't show you her fangs, I'd wait 3 weeks to a month to be on the safe side.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
No need to be sorry, I'm glad she's okay. :)

And as @Pyroxian said wait with feeding her until she has hardened up fully.

Also, she then definitely needs more substrate! It seems as if there's a whole lot of vertical space, something you don't want with a heavy-bodied terrestrial T. And if you have a mesh lid with your tank I'd recommend replacing that with an acrylic sheet with drilled holes in it as well.

You should read this: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantula-information-for-beginners-and-more.318718/ :)