No molt?

Wheezy

Arachnopeon
I was wondering if maybe you guys had an answer, a friend of mine has had his scorpion for about a year, maybe a year and a half, and neither of us have every seen it molt, nor an exoskeleton just laying around, its an emperor scorpion, its nice sized, yet we've never seen it molt, or the remains of a molt. Any ideas on why?

ArachnoNut

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
Well is it an adult emperor scorpion.. the telson will be dark red color ( the ball where the stinger is) if it's an adult then that's why it isn't molting. but if the telson is milky white color then it isn't an adult and i don't know what would cause a scorpion not to molt

Wheezy

Arachnopeon
Well, when he bought it from the LPS, i don't totally remember, but i'm going to guess it was around 3 inches long, and it honestly looks like its grown a bit, it's possible it was an adult. As far as we both know, we've never seen it molt, nor is there evidence of a molt. I'm going to guess it could very well be an adult, thank you:p.

rd_07

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
how'd you get the 3inch? including the tail or not?
if its 6i and above its normal not to see it molt for this genus you only have it for a year.
interval is way...... too long
i had mine before 6instar to 7instar 1yr 3mo
my friends heterometrus 6instar to 7instar almost 2yrs

include also these genus for slow growing
liocheles, hadrurus and hadogenes:D