No misting required.

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I looked a little bit but didn't know how to word it so I got no results.
How many species of Ts can you name that can go without misting, just having a water dish.
Thanks

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I looked a little bit but didn't know how to word it so I got no results.
How many species of Ts can you name that can go without misting, just having a water dish.
Thanks
G.rosea,just about any Brachy.....GBB,P.murinus,any of the baboons really( too many for me to name)

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Most if not all..

The TKG states this and Stan Shutlz the author, who goes by Pikaia on these boards, states most adult specimens can go without misting.

Slings however because they've not fully formed their full cuticle around their exoskeleton it's more easy to recommend.

As stated in the book misting only raises the RH (Relative Humidity) a wee bit and only while it's in the air which after several minutes it's totally gone. The best is to dampen the substrate in a portion ad well offer a water bowl, again, for juvenile to adult specimens.

Cheers,

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most if not all..

The TKG states this and Stan Shutlz the author, who goes by Pikaia on these boards, states most adult specimens can go without misting.

Slings however because they've not fully formed their full cuticle around their exoskeleton it's more easy to recommend.

As stated in the book misting only raises the RH (Relative Humidity) a wee bit and only while it's in the air which after several minutes it's totally gone. The best is to dampen the substrate in a portion ad well offer a water bowl, again, for juvenile to adult specimens.

Cheers,
True. If you have a big enough water dish,you wouldn't really need to mist.I can not remember the last time I misted my big A.metallica.The sub is mostly dry,and she has a pretty good sized dish about halfway up her enclosure,and one on the ground.She has been seen drinking from both,and her humidity sits right around 65%.

Last edited:

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Although there are some that would also be perfectly fine surviving with just a water dish & no misting, but are impossible to keep with a water dish.

One of my P. murinus buried his water dish under about 3" of substrate so I only mist him every so often. Didn't really surprise me.

My Avic. sp. female kept filling hers up so I gave up on that. If I decide to redo her tank in the future, I may glue one up high for her, away from substrate, but I hate disturbing her unless necessary.