No Fangs

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
one thing about water doping... especially making cricket soup like that... the water will go bad really fast. you are probably goign to have to change it at least once a day, if not twice daily.

i definitely wouldn't do the wounding-on-the-fly thing. too risky, as was said

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The needle thing is what i ended up doing. She holds still when she has it, and im really careful about it. Dullish needle, it works well, and im careful of where she is. And I figure Ill have to change the water a lot, and thats okay. Ill do annnnything I have to for the lil thing. I want her to live :)

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thank you :)

Well, I cant tell how much, if any, of that cricket she ate, there was a bunch of it left still. Im gonna start doing it twice a day, once atleast, and see if i can get her to a molt. How long would it take for the average 2inch avic to molt again?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It all depends on how much see can eat and when she is ready. There no telling.

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thought I'd update.. she is not trying very much anymore, she tried today, but the cricket (though small) over powered her and flipped her in the 30 seconds it took me to grab my water... I normally watch over and help her kill it, rip it open, etc..so she cant even hang on to them anymore..yet still wont touch the wax worms i bought her, or dead food...I have this feeling she isnt going to make it.

Feathers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OK, I've never experienced this problem. But what about putting a thread around a mutilated cricket's head and giving it a couple of jerks to simulate live prey. This is really sad. I also wonder if instead of mixing cricket gupe with water, if you just squeeze some cricket guts out into a bottle cap and try that. Just some desperate thoughts...

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm, Ill try that tomorrow, only with a wax worm- softer..see if it dangling on thread helps, but... with her current pattern, she wont be interested for a few days...

ian robbins

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ground burger

I have heard of success with raw meats. Im told also that some t's have discriminating taste, while pork may work for one only chiken will do for another. ground burger.
:?