No fangs on the moult !

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My L. Difficilus moulted 3 days ago. Today I noticed the moult pressed up against the glass of it KK. While checking out the moult I noticed that there were NO fangs attached to it... There should be !

I'm not in the habit of handling my T's, but I think I need to check to make sure the fangs came off. When ( since it just moulted ) and how would you suggest I do it to know for sure ? What am I looking for ?

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Have you taken the moult out and had a look at it? Can u take a pic? Of the spider if she decides to press herself on the glass, and of the moult please?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok you mean there are no fangs on the molt right? There are many possibilities as to why this is. One, it could have broken off and is in the cage somewhere. Two, it could have ate that part of the molt(I have seen one of my Ts do this before). Three, the worst one, that part of the molt could be stuck on your T, it happened to Austin S. with one of his C. sp. "blue" Ts. Is there anyway you'd be able to get some pics?

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've been working on Pics. The t moved the moult so I can't take a pic of it. I have to rehouse shortly. I'm going to check things out then.

How long should I wait to rehouse ?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've been working on Pics. The t moved the moult so I can't take a pic of it. I have to rehouse shortly. I'm going to check things out then.

How long should I wait to rehouse ?
I would wait a couple more days. Keep working on the pics though.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Found em !

As i as trying to take pics of my T I noticed the new " red " fangs on my T. Not black yet, just red. At least the fangs are new. !

I think I'll re-house tomorrow. Wish me luck... This is going to be harder than my slings ! :eek:

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
depending how big she/he is now you might want to wait more like a full week before rehousing especially if the fangs are still not hardened

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
depending how big she/he is now you might want to wait more like a full week before rehousing especially if the fangs are still not hardened
She just went from 3 inches to 4. I'm gonna wait till she takes food. I'd rather move a fed spider than a ravenous one.