Nijinsky is One Happy Avic

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I meant to take a picture of Nijinsky, my A. avicularia, in his new home, but I am dependent on a digital camera owned by someone else in the Dept. Anyway, he seems to be very happy in his new home.

As you might recall, I was having trouble with him always staying on the lid, so I made him a new home in a 1 gallon, square, clear plastic storage container made by Rubbermaid. I put small holes in three of the sides and laid it on its side. I put potting soil all along the bottom side and put in some moss and a small plastic plant. He has made a nice little webby home using a couple of the leaves and the side of the container. He hasn't been on the lid once since moving him there.

Now all I wonder is when he is going to molt. I've had him for over a month now and he hasn't molted yet. He hasn't been eating much either. How often do 1" pinktoe slings molt? Can you tell I'm anxious for it to happen? :)

Bryan

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

should be every month and a half or so, but they could miss it like a missed period, maybe shes preggy?

-V

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Re: ><

Originally posted by Vayu Son
should be every month and a half or so, but they could miss it like a missed period, maybe shes preggy?
Now that would be a miracle is a 1" sling got pregnant. =D =D :rolleyes:

So, assuming she/he doesn't skip a molt, I guess I may have a couple more weeks to wait.

Bryan

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have three avics and they seem to be really good at molting on time.