Nicest Guy

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey all you scorp people who were not able to attend Acon, I just wanted to say that yall are missing out. Brian S is by far the coolest guy. Hes got some amazing scorps here. (Starts with an R and ends with an s. ;))

After getting to spend some time with him in person, Im really realizing how lucky we are to have him so active in the hobby. It wouldnt be where it is without him.

Hats off for sure!

/Sky

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey all you scorp people who were not able to attend Acon, I just wanted to say that yall are missing out. Brian S is by far the coolest guy. Hes got some amazing scorps here. (Starts with an R and ends with an s. ;))

After getting to spend some time with him in person, Im really realizing how lucky we are to have him so active in the hobby. It wouldnt be where it is without him.

Hats off for sure!

/Sky
I agree, most stuff he breeds is for the hobby and not for himself. U.S is lucky to have the guy because he's paving the road for american scorp keepers. There's only a few people I know in Canada who's reppin' and doing things for the hobby. Hopefully we can get more people in Canada to start breeding rather than keeping 1 lonely specimen.

What's this R and S you talking about? Is it a species?

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Brian owns all. Period.

I'm bored though...wouldn't mind another Acon call, lol.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree, most stuff he breeds is for the hobby and not for himself. U.S is lucky to have the guy because he's paving the road for american scorp keepers. There's only a few people I know in Canada who's reppin' and doing things for the hobby. Hopefully we can get more people in Canada to start breeding rather than keeping 1 lonely specimen.

What's this R and S you talking about? Is it a species?
Most likely Rh. juences

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
out of curiousity, what is he selling at aracnocon?

i just want to guess first and see how close i am ;)

c. limbatus, r. junceus, t. falconensis, t. stimgmurus

am i close? and also i wish i'd have gone to arachnocon. maybe next year :eek:

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
out of curiousity, what is he selling at aracnocon?

i just want to guess first and see how close i am ;)

c. limbatus, r. junceus, t. falconensis, t. stimgmurus

am i close? and also i wish i'd have gone to arachnocon. maybe next year :eek:
i'm guessing that most are probably bark scorpions ;P

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
While im not trying to bash Brian S. there are others out there just as nice, and doing just as much, if not more, to promote the captive breeding of rare species. Most of them prefer to keep a low profile so I will not drop names. He's not the only good or cool person out there in the scorp hobby, hes not single handedly trying to "save" the hobby. (although venomlist does kickass)

also if you paid more than $15 dollars for r. junceus i laugh at your misfortune. {D

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
While im not trying to bash Brian S. there are others out there just as nice, and doing just as much, if not more, to promote the captive breeding of rare species. Most of them prefer to keep a low profile so I will not drop names. He's not the only good or cool person out there in the scorp hobby, hes not single handedly trying to "save" the hobby. (although venomlist does kickass)

also if you paid more than $15 dollars for r. junceus i laugh at your misfortune. {D
of course he's not the only one but I still have to give my respect to the guy that made some Tityus sp. available in the hobby at all times for america. I'd say most members of VL are breeders and each member is breeding different family/species.

I agree with you that paying over $15-$20 for R.junceus is funny but i'm not gonna playa hate, that's the choice of the seller ;).

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If anyone deserves props for making tityus species more available its europeans such as Vincent and Tityus. Unless im missing something here, didnt he just buy tityus species from them and then breed them? Or did he directly import them from Peru or something...?

He does breed a lot of stuff though, which is always good for the hobby, and he is no doubt a leading figure in the hobby. But there are plenty of nice guys out there in the scorpion business, maybe we just need to work on our public relations more. :)

I just dont see the point of this thread. "Tee hee brian s is great. "

also i like you quiz :eek:

Last edited:

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If anyone deserves props for making tityus species more available its europeans such as Vincent and Tityus. Unless im missing something here, didnt he just buy tityus species from them and then breed them? Or did he directly import them from Peru or something...?

He does breed a lot of stuff though, which is always good for the hobby, and he is no doubt a leading figure in the hobby. But there are plenty of nice guys out there in the scorpion business, maybe we just need to work on our public relations more. :)

also i like you quiz :eek:
sorry bro but i'm straight {D . You told me on yahoo that you're planning to move to dry/desert species. Any idea which species you want to breed? I know you're breeding Zabius fuscus right now and hopefully your female gives you a bunch of babies :D

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry bro but i'm straight {D . You told me on yahoo that you're planning to move to dry/desert species. Any idea which species you want to breed? I know you're breeding Zabius fuscus right now and hopefully your female gives you a bunch of babies :D
i just got in a bunch of hottentotta: judaicus, caboverdensis, trileanatus , and then an un-ID'd species that turned out to Mesobuthus (soon to be Hottentota.) tamulus sindicus. Really excited about this last one.

Also its probably my brother you talked to (adam) on yahoo. we share this account but he handles most of the yahoo chat stuff.

I guess our next desert species will be some androctunus or some centuroides from mexico (hopefully)

we're off for the weekend though to go collect gracilis an hentzi so i doubt youll be seeing us around much :)

edit: also breeding asthenes now, already have some babies but just got in four 5i yesterday

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Hats off for sure!

/Sky
Sounds like someone has a thing for brian :p Your soooo busted

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And I dont see the point of your post. ;)

Sounds like someone has a thing for brian :p Your soooo busted
No. Im just trying to give props where they are due. As a noob to the scorp hobby, Brian has been a huge help. So many people are loath to share information, for whatever reason. But Brian is like an open book.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How did I miss this thread?

Tabor, sit down and shut up!! I'm trying to enjoy some limelight for just once and here you go trying to mess it up again. :D

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Simple... it got moved to near the bottom of the page when other threads got posted in.
Too bad it didnt get moved to the watering hole or the trash can where it belongs. {D

I kid, I kid ;P