• Bring me flowers and hold door open kind of T

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Tattooed, spikey haired, evil freak

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for all the response to the previous poll about size. The responses brought up another topic that I thought might make an interesting poll. In the area of attitude, do you prefer a mellow T that can be handled or a fiesty T that will attack most anything dropped in the enclosure? Along the lines of fiesty, I'm including a pic of my alledged H. minax. (I'll let Volker be the judge) I still haven't grown use to it attacking the side of the cage when I walk in the spider room.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
oh dear, that's a difficult question!
I'd say, it really depends on my mood. I love the cuddly wuddly ones, they are so sweet and cute...
that being said, however, I love the attitudes of my 'Usambara' and my C crayshawi.
So, I vote for a spider for every mood ;)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I have to agree with Holley. It's nice to have T's that you can open the tank without having to worry about being bum rushed, and if they do make a break for it , you can just shoo them back in. It's also quite an adrenaline rush to see if you can get the cover back on before an usumbara goes for your throat.

Gotta have 'em all :D

Scott

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'm partial the ones i can hold... guess that's why my rosie is my fav so far :)

kellygirl

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
As bad as it sounds, looking at the ones I have (T. blondi, C. crawshayi, Usumbara, etc.) I really prefer docile tarantulas. My favorites are my curly hairs, and the pinktoes :)

-Bryan

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love my H. Lividum. I have to say they are my fav.:D ;) :)

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have to vote evil because I'm afraid of what my baboon spiders might do to me the next time I want to change their water dishes if I don't. =D

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just for the halibut, I voted evil, though I am practically the kindest guy you'll ever have the pleasure of typing to.

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
I have to vote docile. I don't handle my T's very often but I like to know that if one makes a break for it I'm not going to get fanged. I am actually having quite a hard time getting used to my mean Pink Zebra Beauty. The Stout Leg Babboon that I bought on a whim a few months back cause it looked so cool gives me the sweats everytime I gotta open it's house. I guess I'm just a spider sissy :p But that said I really find the old world spiders attractive. I'm trying to muster the nerve to actually buy a pokie after all the good reviews you all gave them here when I asked. It's one thing to WANT it, it's another thing to actually get the NERVE to buy it :D

Gail

Blackwidow69

Arachnopeon
Evil For sure!!!

;P :cool: I like the evil ones for sure the like remind me of some people i know.. They like to take your face off sometimes but its cool evil, evil, evil....hehehehehe!!!:cool:

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Love my peaceniks (unless you're a small bug :D)

As a general rule, I just don't have any desire to have pets that I have to be careful with. I like being able to pop the top of the cage and reach my hand in there to grab out water dishes without worry. I like to feel confident that I can coax a T into a temp container with my bare hands while I change their substrate. I like that I can, when need or desire arises, handle my Ts.

I do keep my couple of pedes but they can't climb glass and walls so I don't really have to be the same sort of careful. I'm much more confident about psychotic centipedes than I would be with a Pokie.

*If* I ever do decide to go for an aggressive old worlder, I know what will do it, though: H. maculata - I love the way those guys look.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
As a rule, I don't get anything that freaks me out too much. Even the most dangerous of my collection don't scare me too much to work around. That being said, I have been working towards my more deadly scorpions. I had to wait until I had had no escapes and had learned to be completely at ease with the instruments before getting anything medically significant.

Quite frankly, my monitor lizard scares me more than anything. She is pretty docile, but she will occasionaly be in a bad mood and has already taken a small chunk out of my finger. I can be pretty much guaranteed that I will never be stung by a truly medically significant scorpion. It is possible that Joka will severely lacerate me at some point.

Cheers,
Dave