Nhandu sylviae, new species was described.

Butterbean83

Arachnopeon
I wonder how long until they're bred in captivity? 😁😁 I wanna know what they look like. I love the look of Nhandu Carapoensis and Tripepii, I wonder if it can top those two?..

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I wonder how long until they're bred in captivity? 😁😁 I wanna know what they look like. I love the look of Nhandu Carapoensis and Tripepii, I wonder if it can top those two?..
I didn’t see a pic in the link what’s it look like ???

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
Sadly we have no confirmed pics of living N. sylviae yet. The specimens looked at in the paper were found in a museum preserved in alcohol which discolours them to a brownish colour over time.

Butterbean83

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately no pics available of them. I'd love to see more Nhandu species discovered though. Love to see a nice fluffy one in a different colour, and a true giant one the size of A Geniculata... Just they'd have to be then bred in captivity which would take years :(

Not enough giant species out there for my liking 😁😁

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Unfortunately no pics available of them. I'd love to see more Nhandu species discovered though. Love to see a nice fluffy one in a different colour, and a true giant one the size of A Geniculata... Just they'd have to be then bred in captivity which would take years :(

Not enough giant species out there for my liking 😁😁
I know I’ve made various threads I can’t seem to find about large Ts and which ones are the biggest. Wish I just gotten a theraphosa when I had the money, now I gotta go find a job then buy the spiders . Although might take convincing to get more my moms Sick of my Ts but I’m someday getting more regardless what they say . Maybe I’ll keep a low number make them happy . Keep it practically zero maintenance.

Butterbean83

Arachnopeon
I think T Blondi/Stirmi/Apophysis, L Parhybana, some Phormictopus, Pampheobetus species and A Geniculata are the largest. Xenesthis Immansis too from what I can gather. Sericopelma Santa Catalina, Megaphobema Robustum and Nhandu Tripepii can get pretty big too And G Pulchra and G Pulchripes but can't seem to find any others that get to the giant sizes

Haha I'm glad I'm not living with my parents there's no chance I'd be allowed lol my girlfriend has taken enough convincing 😂😂 Im gonna get her to see that they're harmless and maybe get her a nice fluffy one to get her over them maybe a curly hair