Nhandu cromatus agility

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Just find this on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sDxjQ13iEs

Title says all.. don't want to enter in debates about care, or else.. just that i found amazing how bulky NW terrestrial T's can be so agile when they want.
Check at 3:29 what the T is able to do. That guy was lucky wasn't an OBT or a "Pookie" btw :)

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
I've seen this before. This guy makes me mad (I feel like we could play a game of How Many Mistakes Can You Spot on this video) but at the very least, it does a good job of demonstrating that you should never underestimate a tarantula. I'm amazed it managed to hold on and make it back to it's perilously perched enclosure.

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
Poor thing almost went splat.

My B. albiceps taught me to respect even docile tarantulas. Thankfully I do transfers at ground level but dayum, she is fast (well for a terrestrial NW anyway). I'll take her being speedy over her old hair kick disposition any day though :D.

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Jeez. So carelessly risking that T's life. But it is impressive that even a NW terrestrial could be so agile.

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
NW's can surprise a lot of people when they sense danger. Hopefully this guy learned a lesson about opening multiple enclosures. I always approach each enclosure like a jail break will be attempted.

Slimdean

Arachnopeon
I approach all open enclosures like there is gonna be a jailbreak cause wellll I have dwarves .... So it's a given they will. But still, I think this guy had like three enclosures open at one point. Now pardon me while I go open all of my c.ritae enclosures and film. Most ppl play 52 card pickup for kicks, but I like "OmG!! Help! My dwarves are everywhere!" .

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
im realy not shocked it moved so fast.. iv seem my 4" girl BOLT not quite a psalmo or poec telle but a blur and my fm if i startle her she goes the 8in to her burrow and 4 or 5 inches back into it within a second... BUT that wasnt the fastest they can move.. they are much quicker then he seen ^_^ tbh i dont think he was going to be bit, just a mock charge.. buuut.. stupidity comes with its own price... thats y i dont get enclosures like he has [tho tempting for some T's

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
That guy should make anyone feel good about their husbandry xD I love the sliding drawer enclosure though.
It looks nice, ill give him that.. Its like a cheap mans rack for Ts.. But.. If that thing was to bolt.. Youd never even see it coming...Hell be up your arm down your back and halfway to the front door before you can reshut the drawer and let your mind register what happened.. They are great(racks are) for snakes and geckos or even torts.. But with an animal packing venom and that can squeeze through just about any crack you can get your pinky under... Not so much ino

Plus most of those have a huge gap and flemsy plastic a T could squeeze though if it REALY wanted to

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Two words: Common sense...

I see a complete and utter fail there...like in so many other vids on the net. Humans are stupid.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
That guy should make anyone feel good about their husbandry xD I love the sliding drawer enclosure though.
Why, whatever do you mean? Genics are totally arboreal. And if you don't open all the enclosures at once, how will they feel your love? :sarcasm:

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Haha, he about got taught a lesson. Glad that poor T held on tho.
I think a better lesson would have been if he got bit... Or maybe if all three flew out of their open enclosures and gave him a simultaneous chomp!

Karmaz

Arachnopeon
I think a better lesson would have been if he got bit... Or maybe if all three flew out of their open enclosures and gave him a simultaneous chomp!
That was what I was talking about, he about got bit. Would have been funny to see him bit, apart from the part where it most likely would have been the end of the spider.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That was what I was talking about, he about got bit. Would have been funny to see him bit, apart from the part where it most likely would have been the end of the spider.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I though you just meant the near heart attack lol