• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Nhandu coloratovillosus

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have a six inch female and a seven inch male. Over a few months I tried breeding several times at different times of the day/night and with different temperatures. In every case the female showed no interest and attacked the male. On July 22nd the female started premolt. She molted on August 2nd. I noticed the male especially active a few days after the female molted. I have his enclosure near the female's enclosure. The female had not eaten since her molt and hadn't really moved much but the male ate several crickets and made several sperm webs just after the female molted. I decided to try to breed them since the male was so active. I introduced the male to the female's enclosure on August 8th at 8am in the morning. The male immediately started to tap. The female suddenly became very active and walked around and out of her enclosure laying a silk path along the way. I gently moved her back into her enclosure. The male continued to tap the ground. The female stayed motionless for a minute or two after I moved her back into her enclosure and then began to tap as well. This went on for a few minutes. Everytime the male paused, the female started tapping the ground. The male advanced, touching the female and the female accepted the male. Both palps were inserted. Once the palps were inserted, the male withdrew quickly. The female stayed motionless for about 15 minutes after the breeding. I tried a second breeding shortly thereafter and the female attacked the male. The male escaped unharmed. Later in the day the female ate 2 crickets.

Basic information:

Male matured on June 6th, 2008
Female went into premolt on July 22nd, 2008
Female finished molting on August 2nd, 2008
Breeding took place shortly after 8am on August 8th, 2008
The female had not eaten for nearly a month.
The temperature was exactly 75 degrees.
From start to finish, less than 15 minutes.

I do not have pictures because I didn't want to disturb the mating, even though I had to move the female back to her enclosure, as she seemed to be walking away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pestilence

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Date Mated: 7/2/08
Date of Eggsac: 10/29/08
Number of Matings: 1

-Female was XL while Male was normal sized
-Intense drumming was observed from the female
-Observed the first and also the last insertion clearly
-Female was aggressive after the mating
-Female was not receptive with the male after many times of trying to mate again hence, only 1 mating took place.
-Female keeps eating on interval
-Eggsac was made after almost 4 months

Female Gravid Stage

Female Holding Eggsac at 2nd day

Pestilence

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Date Mated: 7/2/08
Date of Eggsac: 10/29/08
Number of Matings: 1

-Female was XL while Male was normal sized
-Intense drumming was observed from the female
-Observed the first and also the last insertion clearly
-Female was aggressive after the mating
-Female was not receptive with the male after many times of trying to mate again hence, only 1 mating took place.
-Female keeps eating on interval
-Eggsac was made after almost 4 months

Female Gravid Stage

Female Holding Eggsac at 2nd day
Acquired the Eggsac at exactly 30day point. eggs with legs were seen but some were still eggs at this point. i will try to incubate for the coming days.

spiderfield

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Successful? - Yes

Special Care? - Female molted on 07-Sep-09 and was paired with a male on loan from user "ftorres" on 24-Oct-09 @ 4:02 pm; temp. 29C. Male was introduced into female's container (opposite end from her). Upon sensing her webbing he began to vibrate and drum the substrate with Legs III; female drummed back and he immediately ran to her. The male struggled to lift her, but after about 10 minutes he was able to insert one palp briefly before the female charged at him; he was then removed. On a side-note, before pairing the female was lining her container with visibly thick strands of webbing. The next day (post-pairing) she had removed them and was no longer receptive to the male.

Post-mating care? - No special care other than feeding her more.

Time to sac - Sac made on 16-Apr-10 (6 months).

Care of the sac - Sac was pulled on 13-May-10 (still in the egg stage) and was then artificially incubated.

Time to emerge - Slings started molting into 2nd instars the week of 06-Aug-10.

Final details - Final count: almost 200 good slings.