Nhandu coloratovillosus vs. nhandu chromatus vs. Acanthoscurria geniculata

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
This is nhandu coloradovilosis man. I think the short version is chromatus because the name coloradovilosis is too difficult. When you check in Google they are the same spider (dark with white bandages)
Nope, they are separate species, scientists don't make name shorter because it's too hard to say. And just because they look the same doesn't mean they are the same species. ;) Take B smithi and hamorri for example.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
This is nhandu coloradovilosis man. I think the short version is chromatus because the name coloradovilosis is too difficult. When you check in Google they are the same spider (dark with white bandages)
Not only is this wrong, you resurrected a fourteen year old thread with the latest reply being EIGHT YEARS AGO for this. Why?

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
So what are the 2022 opinions on Nhandu chromatus vs Acanthoscurria geniculata? I know A. genics grow fast, get big, and supposedly stay out in the open quite a bit. Both species appear to be similar priced. They've got subtle differences in appearance. Which one would you get first? Are they equally as bold?

me and my Ts

Arachnoknight
So what are the 2022 opinions on Nhandu chromatus vs Acanthoscurria geniculata? I know A. genics grow fast, get big, and supposedly stay out in the open quite a bit. Both species appear to be similar priced. They've got subtle differences in appearance. Which one would you get first? Are they equally as bold?
Definitely genic, my chromatus only comes out at night

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
One big difference i've noticed - N.chromatus will threat pose a disturbance, A.geniculata will try to eat the disturbance. The latter is surely more fun but also more intimidating.

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
I love my genic, they are only a sling but still the hungriest little bean on earth

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Thanks folks. It sounds like genic is the way to go. I was kind of leaning in that direction anyway.

cold blood

Staff member
I have all three...I have adults and have raised many of all three up from slings. I never had any of these species hide much at all, all are great eaters, all three are fast growers and all three make excellent display species. All are about the same to deal with and all have individuals with their own differing personalities.

The most defensive ones of the three were a couple chromatus, the most flicky was one colorastovillsus when it was a juvie (never flicks now as an adult though). All will have their skittish moments and all are great display species.

Chromatus has the most unique carapace, being white, coloratovillsus is by far the fluffiest and genics have the most distinctly contrasting banding.

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
I have all three...I have adults and have raised many of all three up from slings. I never had any of these species hide much at all, all are great eaters, all three are fast growers and all three make excellent display species. All are about the same to deal with and all have individuals with their own differing personalities.

The most defensive ones of the three were a couple chromatus, the most flicky was one colorastovillsus when it was a juvie (never flicks now as an adult though). All will have their skittish moments and all are great display species.

Chromatus has the most unique carapace, being white, coloratovillsus is by far the fluffiest and genics have the most distinctly contrasting banding.

Interesting! They are all quite distinct from each other when you put them all together like this