Nhandu colloratovillosus climbs a lot?

Tarantula1996

Arachnopeon
Hello, so a couple of months ago I acquired a juvenile female N. colloratovillosus and ever since I got her, she spends alot of time on the side of the cage and even poops on the side of the cage she is there so often. She will sometimes come down and sit in her hide again but within a short time is back on the side of the cage again. Always the same spot too. Her substrate is not even wet or too moist which is what is normally the cause of them doing that. Most of my T's settle in already but when the first few times at the pet store I saw her before buying her, she was always on the side of the cage too up high. Anybody else got any experience with it?

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Hello, so a couple of months ago I acquired a juvenile female N. colloratovillosus and ever since I got her, she spends alot of time on the side of the cage and even poops on the side of the cage she is there so often. She will sometimes come down and sit in her hide again but within a short time is back on the side of the cage again. Always the same spot too. Her substrate is not even wet or too moist which is what is normally the cause of them doing that. Most of my T's settle in already but when the first few times at the pet store I saw her before buying her, she was always on the side of the cage too up high. Anybody else got any experience with it?
What substrate are you keeping her on? Is it packed well? Sometimes tarantulas dislike walking on fluffy uncertain surfaces. How much substrate do you have? My female burrows like mad, if there isn't enough to burrow she may roam for that reason. Regardless this behavior is caused by some kind of discomfort, and until we can figure out what that might be, I would ensure that there isn't too much vertical space in case of a fall.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Pics of the T and enclosure would help.

How moist are you keeping the substrate? Nhandu generally like things on the slightly moist side.