Nhandu Chromatus

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My latest "T" is a Nhandu Chromatus. I have read all the care sheets I could find. Im looking for suggestions from actual owners on the care of this big lady 3.5". Any unusual experiences. Let me know
Jason

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very easy spider to care for, very hardy as well, I keep both my females on dry substrate and a corkbark hide and a water dish, I dont mist ever ( any of my spiders ) thats it....

Regards, Mike

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I keep mine on dry peat with a half buried pot for a hide... It uses the hide and is still out and about quite often... I also keep a water dish of course and it stays at room temp... Great spiders, gorgeous, mine is a 4" female bought from these boards... :) Nice choice...

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My girl is nearly 5" now and still LOVES to burrow. I keep her on a dry peat/potting soil blend with a water dish and a coconut shell hide. I just give her a 6"+ deep substrate beneath the hide and let her go to town. She digs her burrow all the way to the bottom of the tank, but stays in the open all the time unless I'm disturbing her to do tank maintenance.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My girl is nearly 5" now and still LOVES to burrow. I keep her on a dry peat/potting soil blend with a water dish and a coconut shell hide. I just give her a 6"+ deep substrate beneath the hide and let her go to town. She digs her burrow all the way to the bottom of the tank, but stays in the open all the time unless I'm disturbing her to do tank maintenance.
I have a nhandu valpinus...You can just keep yours like I keep mine. Water dish and a hide....Its funny though cause I changed my N valpinus' hide like last month sometime and it blocked its self in the hid and I haven't seen it since...and I don't think it could be in pre molt because after it molted a while back it only ate like 10 crickets at the most. So I don't know what its doing.

Keith Richard

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fantastic species, bought from these very boards. Very striking in appearance, reasonably mellow (never defensive as yet). Dry peat, corkbark hide which she never uses. I have her in a 12" x 12" exo-terra where she has made her "space" un the overhanging leaves of an artificial plant. Absolutely stunning webbing around the entire enclosure...very atmospheric in subdued light. Easily my favourite display T.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great "T", nice colours, big eater. A bit of an attitude since last moult, as it seems to throw beautiful threat displays with the slightest disturance within it's tank. (Changing the water dish has become challenge with this one) lol

Provide it with a a deep substrate, as this one likes to dig.

Great choice, and enjoy your new "T".

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have 2. One lovely 4 1/2 inch lady named Mystery, and a little sling named Sherlock. Mystery hasn't shown any signs of aggression to me, she is really shy and does not like me to move her home to feed and water her. She doesn't tend to hunt her crickets, she sits in the door of her hide and waits for them to come to her. Sherlock is a little spaz. He runs in circles when I pick up his deli cup to check on him. Mystery has a hide, a water dish, and dry substrate. She is a big eater, 3 crickets or more a week. Very easy to care for, very visible, very beautiful.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i keep mine like everyone else here, awesome spider! mines alittle on the nasty side{D