Nhandu chromatus sling escape

Chad Peace

Arachnosquire
I was about to check on my Nhandu chromatus sling 0.5 inches and when i opened the enclosure it was in it bolted out onto the table and fell off landing in my pile of clothes, ive searched every single peice of clothing and ive searched the courners and cracks of the room. is there anyway to find him/her quicker?, and what are the survival chances of him/her, this happened nearly one hour ago.

Chad Peace

Arachnosquire
Also im pretty sure she has just reached the pre molt stage but as this was my first sling im not sure

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
There´s really nothing you can do except searching as best you can. T´s are adoptive creatures and they might survive for a long time inside an apartment with no access to water. Good luck!

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I would search every part of the ground, especially since they don't climb well. Just Make sure it had no chance of getting outside of the room it is in.

Chad Peace

Arachnosquire
Ive left its enclosure open on the floor and i have filled its tiny water bowl, i have also left a tub of live meal worms next to it so hopefully it will attract him/her at night ive left the mealworm box closed though

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Ive left its enclosure open on the floor and i have filled its tiny water bowl, i have also left a tub of live meal worms next to it so hopefully it will attract him/her at night ive left the mealworm box closed though
i highly doubt that will work. the best thing to do is keep searching.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Torchlight into dark places. Put the torch on the carpet and take your eye to floor level and scan every inch. Look for any movement that way. And even though it is just a sling, check your shoes. I hope you find it and all is well.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Another problem, my floor is a carpet the is basically the same colour as the sling
This is common. The but if you put your eye to the floor with the torch you should be able to see the slightest movement and shadows

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
i highly doubt that will work. the best thing to do is keep searching.
I had to bite my lip to keep the lol at bay after reading that post about leaving a water dish and a bowl of meal worms in hopes of attracting it. Its a spider not a stray cat.

Kidding aside, OP wish you the best of luck in your hunt. Hope you find your little sling unharmed, those N. chromatus look absolutely beautiful when they are adults, I hear they are insane though.
Like venom said, just keep looking.

Screamingreenmachine

Arachnosquire
Also with the flashlight, keep an eye out for the eye reflection. Any reflection that you see could possibly be the eyes. I have a 1/2 inch sling and I was surprised at how well the eyes stood out and reflected with a flashlight. I hope you can find it!

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Also with the flashlight, keep an eye out for the eye reflection. Any reflection that you see could possibly be the eyes. I have a 1/2 inch sling and I was surprised at how well the eyes stood out and reflected with a flashlight. I hope you can find it!
With you being situated in Florida and all, are you certain you are not mistaking T´s for alligators here?

Chad Peace

Arachnosquire
Ive turned my room inside out, starting to think its left my room and is somewhere else in the house or worse outside