Nhandu chromatus molt

LV-426

Arachnobaron
my recently acquired 3 inch N. chromatus is starting to molt. This is my first experience with a molt. I misted the enclosure to give it some humidity. Keep you all updated

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my recently acquired 3 inch N. chromatus is starting to molt. This is my first experience with a molt. I misted the enclosure to give it some humidity. Keep you all updated
Don't disturb it, no more misting is needed. Just leave it be until it is done (And for a few days/one week after)

I say no more misting is needed, because that is what i was told. "internal moisture is more important than external" so just let it be, and make sure to give it lots of time to harden up before you attempt to feed it.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
thanks for the advice, i wasnt planning on more misting. im just gonna let it do its thing and wait about two weeks max then feed it

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks for the advice, i wasnt planning on more misting. im just gonna let it do its thing and wait about two weeks max then feed it

With mine i give them a week or so and you can see the colouration changing a little, and the fangs darkening that is how i gauge when it is ok to feed again.