Next T question...

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
At the moment I have a G. rosea, but for my next T. I want a s'ling or small juvenile of a species that is vibrant and colorful but not too agressive. I'm looking at Brachypelma boehmei and Avicularia geroldi at the moment. Would anyone who has either of these species care to comment on the pro's and con's of these T.'s?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well b. boehmei is a tad more skitish then you would think, but they are very beautiful. And the avic is a good choice. Its a matter of personal prefference i guess. Plus ones a ground dweller and the other is not.... but other then that they are two cool T's.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
all avics are beautiful (how about versicolor?), but many specimen tend to hide a lot. plus, avic slings are a bit more fragile than brachypelma slings. many peaople had them die off for various reasons (or no apparent reason), but as long as you research carefully, you should be fine.

b. boehmei are gorgeous and always out in the open. they are not handliung ts, though, as nearly all of them kick a lot of hairs at the slightest provocation. if you are not really careful around them, they will always have a bald butt :eek:. but what about b. emilia or annitha? those are really colourful and neither as skittish as boehmeis.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've never had one (tho i ordered one from a store, but it escaped in there), but i've heard that B.Smithis are very timid. i got a rosea, and i love her to death. i had always thought that chilean roses were just so plain and boring, but when i got one, i thought it was just gorgeous. she even lets me handle her, every once in a while, if that's what you're looking for.
PS: Boehmeis are gorgeous! i love them.

ironmonkey78

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
have you thought of an N chromatus. good color, pretty skittish as a sling but I see mine amost every day and she has no trouble feeding, my A mettalica took a while to get her eating. they also grow pretty fast.

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll probably order a B. boehmei s'ling on friday (payday, hurray!) because it seems relatively common for small Avic's to die. A. geroldi will probably be my third T.