next project!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I like the solid color, Scolopendra heros heros. I have 4 captive born heros heros, old enough to breed now. I have two females and one male, not sure of the other yet. The two females mated this year, going to hook them up early Spring next year. They are not rare but they can be hard to find, and they are in areas where border patrol, police, sheriff and game warden are suspicious of everybody, esp. of people by their self, like I usually am. I don't get fired up about going out there so much any more because of it. So I don't want to drop the ball on trying to breed these.

chyguy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
cant wait and see reults from this breeding as always
way to go todd ive been trying all summer to get a few of those heros heros nobody has em or will collect em so good luck .
cheyenne

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Exciting project! How cold do you keep your heros species in the winter, and how long? As I understand, they tend to die if kept too hot, and not given the propper time to rest.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
cant wait and see reults from this breeding as always
way to go todd ive been trying all summer to get a few of those heros heros nobody has em or will collect em so good luck .
cheyenne
Part is that subspecies is very hard to get hold of, part is they're hard to sell. It took me almost two years to sell three babies I purchased from golopoheros (the fourth never fed well and withered away after three or four months while the fifth was eaten by a stray prey item on its eighth molt -that was depressing), of course the last one was almost full grown by then. I do it because I enjoy keeping and rearing them and if they never sell I won't be upset. Most vendors don't have the time to deal with something they can barely sell and has a good chance of dying if over or under fed or kept just a little too dry.