next please...........

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey....

i got a rosie for my first T and then i wanted to step it up a notch so i got a Salmon Pink B-Eater.... they r both doing great but now im like..... where do i go from here?..........

just would like some suggestions on what u would get next!

Thanx

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

that was a pretty big step! What kind are you looking for? I would say any avicularia would be great!

JAmes

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Well, depends on where you want to go.

Thought about trying an arboreal? If you are looking for a challenge, theres always the H. maculata. (Togo Starburst) Absolutely stunning in appearance, and well known for it's temper.

Still though, don't discount the 'docile' T's in your search for the next one. Some of the most amazing T's are often overlooked by those seeking a bigger, meaner tarantula. Some of the Brachypelma are wonderful T's, and Avicularia is a genus full of amazing looking tarantulas.

Bill

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmmm.....

im thinking i want to step to an aboreal.....

id like to get 1 that is fairly large and colorful...yet not TOO expensive........

what ya think.....ive done a little research.....and im looking at a few of these:

Fringed Ornamental,Venezuelan Suntiger,Indain Ornamental,or Sri Lankan Ornamental..........

is this too big of a step?...........

suggestions plz

Thanx

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
You've listed a couple very lovely choices in Arboreal T's. I have one each of P. irminia, and P. regalis. As far as Poecilotheria go, well, they are all stunning T's, and the venom is rumored to be pretty hot. Psalmopeous are pretty quick, and tend to act alot like the Poec's do as well. I'd say as long as you are responsible, they aren't too much to deal with. However, they are all very, very quick. Just keep that in mind.

Anyhow, of those you listed, my vote goes to the Venezulan Suntiger (P. irminia)

Bill

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I did sorta the same thing. I went from having a Rosia and a Red Knee to getting a Goliath Bird Eater and from there i decided to go and get some arboreals so that is what i did. Maybe some avis or some ornamantals would be good for you.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
All good choices IMO. Most of them are prone to run and hide as opposed to standing their ground, so as long as you are careful with them, there venom shouldn't come into the equation. As Bill said, you may also want to consider H. maculata. IMHO, no collection should be without one. Only problem is they rarely come out. They should be known as the poor mans ornamental, much like L. parahybana is known as the poor mans goliath. Excellent T to start with a more defensive arboreal. You may also want to look into P. cambridgei. Another very underrated T.

Scott