Next Haplopelma to keep?

TomKemp

Arachnoknight
I only now keep a female Cyriopagopus lividum (The once known Haplopelma lividum) I enjoy them very much. What would you guys recommend when it comes to owning another Haplopelma species in your collection?

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well, if you ask me, when it comes to 'Haplos' a must have is a brutal high strung H.hainanum, from China with love :-s

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Of the 6 species I have the minax and vonworthi are seen most often. By seen, I mean actually outside the burrow on the surface. Rarely ever see the albostriatums, are content deep in their burrows most of the time. Longipes, lividum and hainanum seem to be at burrow entrances and only see the legs.
All in all, the vonworthi seem to lay the most silk, lividum being a close second.
For coloration, lividum is blue but hainanum with its fawn color is my favorite.
Minax show the most attitude, threat posturing, longipes are the opposite.
Often referred as "pet holes", one needs to view them in the early AM hours to really appreciate them.
Overall, I'd suggest the vonworthi or the hainanum. Either one you would enjoy keeping. Welcome to the "Obligate Burrowers Club", new members are always welcome. ;):anxious:

creepa

Arachnoknight
Haplopelma schmidti is a must have!
I had these in the past and i will have them again in the near future...

TomKemp

Arachnoknight
Thank you guys for the information. Much appreciated for sure. I plan on ordering some new slings in the next month or two. I would really like to pick up a few H. vonworthi slings or as usual I'll get carried away and buy up a few different Haplopelmas at once, lol.