News story

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ALBANY, Ore. (May 6) - These guys weren't exactly Snap, Crackle and Pop.

What began as a faint popping in a 9-year-old boy's ear - "like Rice Krispies" - ended up as an earache, and the doctor's diagnosis was that a pair of spiders made a home in the ear.

"They were walking on my eardrums," Jesse Courtney said.

One of the spiders was still alive after the doctor flushed the fourth-grader's left ear canal. His mother, Diane Courtney, said her son insisted he kept hearing a faint popping in his ear - "like Rice Krispies."

Dr. David Irvine said it looked like the boy had something in his ear when he examined him.

When he irrigated the ear, the first spider came out, dead. The other spider took a second dousing before it emerged, still alive. Both were about the size of a pencil eraser.

Jesse was given the spiders - now both dead - as a souvenir. He has taken them to school and his mother has taken them to work.

"It was real interesting, 'cause, two spiders in my ear - what next?" Jesse said.

The spiders living in this boy's ear were they true spiders?...and how come they didn't make his ear infected or anything of the sort?...did they eat ear wax?

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had a mactan lay an eggsac up my nose once ...er...or was that a large amount of blow ..I cant remember.

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hard to tell from the video, but I wonder if "floaty" is actually a molt? They didn't say how long "they" were in there, but probably didn't need to feed, or maybe he had ear mites or ear wigs!{D It appears that nobody bothered to consult an expert.

Last edited:

Goblin_King

Arachnopeon
Hard to tell from the video, but I wonder if "floaty" is actually a molt? They didn't say how long they were in there, but probably didn't need to feed, or maybe he had ear mites or ear wigs!{D It appears that nobody bothered to consult an expert.
Definitely looks like a molt to me.

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree that floaty looks like a molt. I thought newscasters were suppossed to report facts. She had no idea what she was talking about. Feeding on ear wax ????????????? WTF !!!!!!!!

Tom

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh my... :D This one was real? So much bullshat out there... guess ones bound to be. :clap:

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah, this one has been all over the local news and everyone is pretty freaked out about it. Add another reason for people to not like spiders. Sometimes I really hate the media.

I had a friend in Australia that had a spider removed from her ear about 2 years ago. It freaked her out a bit especially since she already hated spiders, but it didn't make the news.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This one was circulating around the WH. The general concensus was that he climbed in for a nice secure spot to molt.

dodong_bunal

Arachnopeon
lawl!!!drowny and floaty???WTF!!

ps:that childs bed is perfect for spiders...

dont even know how to make his bed...;P

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My brother had a beetle in his ear once. Apparently, it liked to bite or something, becuase he had a terrible terrible earache.

I'd be pretty creeped out if something crawled in my ear.