newly molted l,il freak is stubborn

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) hi , my A.Genic just molted , well a day and a half now actaully:D she is getting to be a big girl , not short of my B.vagans in size now. remember when she was just a teeny little s,ling:rolleyes: the only problem with her is she refuses to leave her old home which is now getting a bit small for her:? i think she is so settled into her current home , a square jar , that it frightens her to leave it. ive tried 3 times leaving the lid off overnight to see if she would leave but every morning she cowers in her little hole in the corner of the jar she burrowed out:( oh and before somebody says its because she just molted i tried the other 2 times sometime before the molt.also the substrate in her new enclosure is the same inside the jar.:?

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think you have a diva on your hands. If you want her to get used to her new surrounds, you might need to gently coax her out of her jar. It may take awhile for her to get used to a new enmclosure but eventually she will get accustomed to more roomier surroundings.

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) guess so. all my 4 original Ts have different personalities.
my rose is a lazy lump who has days of plodding around her enclosure but normally just sits there.
my b.vagans has made herself a nice home but still spends time cleaning it out and is quite active.
my emilia is happy where ever what ever , i put her into a pet pal with just plain vermiculite and some corkbark has a temporary measure but she settled right in , dug herself a burrow and just loves it:? strange little T.
my genic loves to dig , constantly remodelling her little home and being quite active. i think when she does leave her old jar she,ll be in spider heaven.just hope i can find the water bowl when she starts:rolleyes:

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:( well , ive given up. the little diva gets to keep her jar home until her next molt. tried everything apart from emptying her and the contents into her new home or dragging her out kicking n biting:mad: i dont need to check her (ahem) parts to know she is female:rolleyes:

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I moved mine to her bigger home, I just put a little plastic cup over her and before I could put some card underneath, she climbed up to hide in the cup. She's far more active in her new home, and seems much happier. You tried ushering her about with a soft paintbrush?

btw, my emilia also loves to burrow. She's heaped up all of her substrate on one side of the tank and built a very impressive underground lair :)