Newly hatched Captive Bred Haplopelma lividum slings! *pics*

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Happy Birthday to our new H. lividum spiderlings, who emerged from their eggsac today looking happy and healthy. :)

Here's the mom, a WC adult that we bred here in late 2002.

And here are her babies....They hatched early this morning, and are about 1/3" at 1st instar.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lots of bitey bitey , no?

Been thinking about a colbalt sling..... , who knows!

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We normally discourage people from buying Cobalt adults, because you hardly ever see them...But slings are great, because you get to watch them grow up, and they don't spend their entire "childhood" in hiding. :)

I haven't gotten the nerve to open that deli cup yet.....I'm sure they're all hungry... lol (kidding :p)

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ah well , like I said who knows.

I took care of my friends colbalt.. attacks anything within 3 miles away of its cage ;) imagine dosens of babys!

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by safetypinup
The unofficial count on these is 75....yikes! hehe...

Darn! Wish you had let us guess! :)

kellygirl

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
These guys are just 1st instar right now...As soon as they're ready to be shipped they'll go on our price list. Stay tuned :)

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
These guys are just 1st instar right now...As soon as they're ready to be shipped they'll go on our price list. Stay tuned :)
do you work for e-spiderworld or something?

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

anyways awsome pics! I love the little babies! They are soooo big!!! Good Luck!

James

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hiya, please could you help me, i'd appreciate it so much:

my lividum egg sack is 28 days old now, and im unsure what to do with it... seeing as you've recently successfully hatched out spiderlings, could you inform on on what my best options are from here

thanks, any info whatsoever would be most appreciated,

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats on your eggsac...

Here's what we did with ours:
First of all, we left it with the mother for about 30 days (I believe). When we removed it, we placed it in an "incubator" (basically, this is a deli cup filled with moist vermiculite; the eggsac sat on a thin piece of cloth that acted as a hammock, keeping the eggsac from touching the vermiculite). We misted the substrate as needed, and rotated the eggsac once a day, careful not to disturb it too much...After about 4 weeks, we opened the case to check on the slings, and they were 1st instar, as you can see in the picture. Let me know if you need any more information...This is just the "basics"...Good luck, and let us know how it goes :D

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on your eggsac...

Here's what we did with ours:
First of all, we left it with the mother for about 30 days (I believe). When we removed it, we placed it in an "incubator" (basically, this is a deli cup filled with moist vermiculite; the eggsac sat on a thin piece of cloth that acted as a hammock, keeping the eggsac from touching the vermiculite). We misted the substrate as needed, and rotated the eggsac once a day, careful not to disturb it too much...After about 4 weeks, we opened the case to check on the slings, and they were 1st instar, as you can see in the picture. Let me know if you need any more information...This is just the "basics"...Good luck, and let us know how it goes :D
ahh thats great thanks!

Did you have any problems with removing the egg from the female? My female has really sealed off her burrow so i may have problems, firstly with digging into the tunnel (is this advisable?) then removing the egg...

i'll try and get some good pictures tonight, thanks for any further input

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's exactly what we did----we dug her out. That's how we were able to get that great photo of her with her eggsac :)

Just be extremely careful, and dig slowly. You'll be able to get an idea of where she is once you start digging, so don't worry about hurting her...Just be careful! :)
And, word to the wise, she probably won't want to give it up...So you'll basically just have to snatch it away from her and let her get mad :)
Good luck

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
That's exactly what we did----we dug her out. That's how we were able to get that great photo of her with her eggsac :)

Just be extremely careful, and dig slowly. You'll be able to get an idea of where she is once you start digging, so don't worry about hurting her...Just be careful! :)
And, word to the wise, she probably won't want to give it up...So you'll basically just have to snatch it away from her and let her get mad :)
Good luck
any pics of her going mad=D

James

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hehe....Unfortunately, no...Although, if you want to see a mad H. lividum...Well....Here's one :)

That's about what she looked like, anyway. lol...Use your imagination :p

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Hehe....Unfortunately, no...Although, if you want to see a mad H. lividum...Well....Here's one :)

That's about what she looked like, anyway. lol...Use your imagination :p
I like....:}